33. Suddenly Become a Detective

Start from the beginning

Large, empty and dark room. The lighting only comes from sunlight entering through a few small windows. But Jonghyun could still see Daehyun in there, lighting a cigarette tucked between his lips.

"Jungshin should have come here. At least he already knows how to get in there without getting caught." Whispered Yonghwa, taking a photo secretly.

Jonghyun glanced at him briefly, "Enough he made his facial wounds, not anymore."

"Damn, you're right." Yonghwa suppressed laughter, "But are those two people there just to smoke?"

"Looks like they are waiting for something or someone."

Just then Jonghyun said that, in the distance there was another black SUV coming. Enter the fence without hesitation and park right next to Daehyun's car. Jonghyun and Yonghwa immediately ran to the side, silent behind the wall, hiding. Even so, Yonghwa still tried to take as many pictures as possible. And right at that moment, the cellphone in Jonghyun's jacket pocket shook.

Jungshin (15.25):

There is a door at the back, if you go in there, you will see a small ladder that leads to the top. Then there is a black door on the left on the second floor, that's where I found Seungyeon.

"That person is in!" Yonghwa exclaimed quietly, Jonghyun immediately re-entered his cellphone without having time to reply to a message from Jungshin.

"Who is that?" Jonghyun watched someone who had just arrived, entered the building with a bag in his hand and now spoke with Daehyun and his other friends.

"I don't know him at all." Whispered Yonghwa.

The three men walked to the large staircase at the end of the room. Right away, Jonghyun pulled Yonghwa's arm towards the back and found a door, according to what Jungshin informed.

But damn, the door is locked.

"How do we open this?" Yonghwa asked, confused.

Jonghyun, who was just as confused, felt the other pocket of his jacket, remembering that he had accidentally put Seungyeon's hairpin there because she was too lazy to put it in her bag.

Fortunately, the hairpin was still there, Jonghyun tried to unlock the door. And fortunately again, this is not a door with a code. Maybe, since Jonghyun watched Detective Conan's cartoons too often or something, so it didn't take long for the man to tinker until he heard a 'click' indicating the door was successfully opened.

Yonghwa who was quite surprised because it was the first time seeing Jonghyun doing something like this only looked at him in amazement. Immediately they went in and up the small stairs they found, to the second floor.

Again, according to what Jungshin said, they found a tall black door. The door looks better than other doors that are very old, but still it is not a door with a code like the door of today.

Slowly, getting more alert because they don't know what's inside, Jonghyun pushes the door open a little, giving him enough room to peek at the situation there. And what they saw was in accordance with what Seungyeon had said before, a large room with a high enough roof, all painted in maroon color, the lighting was dim because there were only small yellow lights, there were drinks racks, there were billiard tables, and black couches on in the middle.

Anyone who sees this building from the outside will not be able to think that there is a room like that inside.

Jonghyun and Yonghwa couldn't hear anything that was being said by the three men who were sitting on the sofa. But as much as possible Yonghwa kept taking pictures, the man made good use of the camera's zoom specifications, until they could see someone they didn't know gave Daehyun something. Something from the bag he had been carrying since he entered.

Daehyun, who is currently covered in wounds -surely because Jungshin- smugly accepted the item. He opened the black plastic wrap around it, revealing a bag full of white tablets.

Jonghyun and Yonghwa glanced at each other, as if they had the same thoughts and agreed without words. There, it was seen Daehyun gave dozens -or maybe hundreds- of cash to the person who gave them the item. Then they both shook hands.

Yonghwa tried to take pictures from a better angle, but stupidly, he instead dropped the camera lens cap from a jacket pocket, making a pretty loud noise due to the very quiet conditions. Daehyun and two others immediately turned around, looking for the source of the sound.

Jonghyun immediately pulled Yonghwa's arm to run away from there before things got more complicated. They took the same path as they entered, in a hurry, before their whereabouts were known. And sigh hard when they are already in the car. Jonghyun who was still breathing hard drove the car away from the place, only stopped when he was sure they were not being followed.

"Are we caught?"

Yonghwa took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "I don't know, I don't think so." He said while looking back.

"Hyung shouldn't have brought the lens cap!" Jonghyun starts ranting.

"I just don't remember when I brought it."

The two looked at each other then laughed, "That was... Crazy, right?"

"Ya! Huuuh!" Yonghwa shouted. "It feels like my adrenaline is really racing. Wow, does this feel like being a detective?"

Jonghyun shook his head, "I feel more like a paparazzi looking for celebrity's personal information."

"That too. Maybe they followed us like this?" Yonghwa laughed loudly, still half disbelieving at what he had just done.

Jonghyun doesn't want to be a coward. Not like that. But, facing a very cunning Choi Daehyun requires strategy. For one, he must know his weaknesses. He can't do anything rash, not if Seungyeon becomes his threat. The girl had already been in a dangerous situation, and Jonghyun would never let that happen again.

"Hyung took good pictures?"

Yonghwa smiled proudly, showing what he had taken with his camera. "Of course. This will be very useful."

"Ya. I think, finally I know one weakness of that bastard. And I will look for other weaknesses. Just wait for the game date."

***