PSA: The Future of The Pharaoh's Soul

Hello! I'm Artemis_Twyla otherwise known as Marie! First I would like to start off this announcement by saying, a big thank you to those of you who read and stayed with this book since the start, and if you're new thanks for giving it a chance.

I know I haven't been updating in a while and there is a reason for that; which I shall tell you.

First! Mentally I was not on my A game, I am currently a senior in high school and thus was wading my way through all that senior nonsense not the worst, but certainly not a highlight of my year.

(also happy belated holidays/ New year)

Second! Both of my Grandfathers had been diagnosed with cancer (different types), and recently one of them passed away and I wasn't sure how to feel about it to be completely honest, I was sad, angry, hurt, confused and honestly didn't want to do anything let alone writing which always left me drained anway(in a good way).

Third! I love this book, I adore that it was created by me, and actually intrigued people enough to read it. However, the reason it's been kinda stagnated is because, I wasn't/am not sure how to proceed with the story. I know the end game, I know the plot twists and the way the story is supposed to go, but how I'm supposed to get the story there is...difficult, and to be completely truthful, the story feels a bit outdated.

These last few months, I've been writing different ways to get the story to where I wanted it to go, and none of them felt right, they felt like fillers or like short cuts. The goal had always been 50 chapters, and it still is. but somehow I feel like many of the chapters are a bit all over the place a little sporadic as apposed to being one coherent story.

Recently I've begun watching The Witcher on Netflix in between eating my feelings and sleeping my life away. And I fell in love with the way the story is told. The way the creators tell the story from past to present is beautiful because it all ties in so wonderfully. And when things you know have already happened finally match up to what is currently happening it's just like the best! So then I had two choices, I could finish this book (to the best of my ability) and then rewrite the entire thing, or I could scrap the current story and start from scratch, the second option terrifies me, I've been working on this story since my second year of junior high (middle school) and never thought a day would come when I wasn't 100% proud of my work.

I've decided how I wish to proceed with this, I will finish this story as is, and will rewrite a separate version, I intend to keep certain aspects of the story, Rebels interaction with her family her friends, her aspirations will all remain the same, however, I think that her name may change I'm not quite sure just yet, the other characters I want to flesh out a bit.

I've been learning some wonderful techniques to help the characters feel more like people to me and not just words on a page. I'm not sure if Tye (Sebastian's boyfriend) will remain, or even if the location of the story will stay, I want to study the geography of Egypt and become a bit more knowledgeable about their culture their beliefs their gods, even their trading habits, just because this book is fiction doesn't mean I have to disregard very real facts.

I've made the decision to start a youtube channel (nothing serious) I likely won't appear in the videos, (if I do...I'm sorry -_-) I'm slightly adverse to cameras and am too awkward to look into a camera and talk to myself. I'm also thinking of starting an Instagram or Twitter account for this book, I don't really know much about social media, I have it, I'm just not really active on it. Um, I'll upload a youtube video soon, and post the link on my bio, if you're interested you can come watch if you're not cool. 

I think that's all I've had to say on the matter...oh! um as for Adrienne I'm not sure if I'll keep her the way she is currently, right now she's a bit of a fairytale, and doesn't quite feel real to me, I can't explain it really. Her heritage may change but only a little, again just to give her some depth. Sebastian's name along with a few other may change (again) simply because I feel like the name is a bit too used on Wattpad and the title of the book may change too, I hope that doesn't bother anyone too much.

So... yea that is all for now. I will try my hardest to get into gear and finish this book. And I hope you'll all stick around for it! Bye 👋🏾

- Artemis_Twyla (Marie)