Ch. XVIII The Pharaoh's Soul

QOTD: What about this story did you like?
**********************************
                      REBEL

I moved my hips in a seductive manner as I danced for the Pharaoh and his guests from another country, as the music sped up as did the movement of my hips and I found myself watching the servants as they poured out the wines and handed out the food for the feast.

Confused?

Wondering if you've gone too far ahead? Well don't be I'll tell you exactly what happened that led up to this moment.

I had found the tapestry but it only left me with more questions that I had no way of answering, I had prayed to Ra but had been given no answer in turn, it seemed however that he had certainly been watching something as Circe had caught me as soon as I'd exited the hallway that I assumed I wasn't supposed to be in.

I smiled and bowed my head in greeting, as the Pharaoh was beside her holding the child- Marik- I kept my eyes down casted as I realized that I had no idea how Asha functioned around the royal family as a whole.

Still playing it safe sounded like the best course of action as it saved Marty Mcfly many times on his adventures.

"My Pharaoh, my Queen how can I be of service to you?"

I asked softly almost as if I were afraid to raise my voice in their presence which couldn't possibly be true as Circe has cradled me as if I were her own kid when I cried out my disbelief into her breast.

"Asha, my wife tells me you are a well seasoned dancer?"

I looked up my eyes wide, to them it would look like surprise from the praise, but really it was shock from the dreadful feeling that got from that simple inquiry, I swallow hard, keeping a pleasant face on as I nodded my eyes light.

I watched as a brilliant smile spread across the Pharaoh's I was completely blindsided, for a time in which tooth-brushes weren't around he had quite the pearly whites.

"Are my skills needed to entertain my Pharaoh?"

I asked bravely testing how much leeway I was being given, asking questions would give me a good idea of how far I could push before I was going too far.

Depending on the reaction he gave to my questioning I would be able to gauge how much he trusted me and in turn Circe as I needed to know that if push comes to shove they would be willing to listen to me about Circe's ever looming death.

I kept my gaze on his face although I didn't dare look straight into his eyes for fear that he would see the secrets that now lurked behind them.

I felt my mind slip away as I drifted off to simpler times i.e. before I came to Egypt.

I know my father would see this as an opportunity to truly discover the past, but things started to become much more real when the very prospect of staying in a time in which a single scratch could be the potential end of me, and my existence as I know and love it.

I thought about Seb and Adrienne never having met me and I felt a piece of my heart harden, that wouldn't happen just like how Circe wasn't going to die this time.

I felt my resolve harden into that of a rock like cement, as I zoned back into the conversation just in time to hear the Pharaoh say,

"I need a dancer to entertain our guests from the east do well with your dance and I'll reward you greatly do not embarrass me do you understand?"

I nodded my head submissively, as my mind reeled I was lucky dancing was something I did as a pass time otherwise my neck would be one the line... literally.