Ch.XI The Pharaoh's Soul

REBEL

"Mama."

I blinked, and let out a breath mama? As in me? Closing my eyes for a moment I plastered a smile onto my face and crouched down with my arms wide open.

"Marik?"

The name spilled from my lips a smile tugging at them into a wider grin. My brain went haywire; what my body seemed to remember my mind did not and I was stuck, it's been proven that children are more receptive of the people they meet what if I don't seem the same to him?

I was too busy drowning in my thoughts I hadn't noticed that the little boy, Marik had been pulling in my dress in order to grasp my attention. I blinked and looked down smiling at the child.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered out feeling a bit cornered the child didn't know I wasn't his mother and I couldn't exactly tell him that I wasn't his mother, that I just looked like her, sounded like her, and Gods willing acted like her.

I picked up the child Ambrose looking at me in concern, smiling at him I watched as his eyes lit up once more. I couldn't help but feel happy and that scared me I felt the more I stayed in ancient Egypt the more I would become like Circe.

I didn't want to be stuck here forever the thought made me desperate to sleep, but I knew I couldn't, the mystery of Circe's death wouldn't solve itself and apparently neither would I if I didn't stop fainting like a bloody damsel in distress.

I held Marik to my chest tightly like a mother would, I couldn't help the overwhelming sadness that filled my being Marik wasn't old enough to understand a whole lot and for Ambrose to have to raise him on his own made me.... wait, the history books didn't say anything about Circe having a child.

As far as we know there was no heir to the throne and because of that the ruler of lower Egypt was able to take control of all of Egypt and soon after Egypt fell and one of the greatest civilizations in history was nothing but ash and stone.

Marik smiled at Ambrose and laughed I took the time to analyze Marik, maybe there was a chance Circe and Ambrose had adopted a child and that was why there wasn't and heir, or unfortunately there was a chance that just like King Tutankhamun he would die young.

Marik had deep bronze skin that matched mine and he had cobalt brown eyes like Ambrose his hair was a dark brown as well leading me to believe that he was indeed the child of Circe and Ambrose.

He had more physical features, that looked more like a mixture of us thus leaving me unable to just pick out one thing that made him look like one of us.

"Circe, are you certain you have regained enough strength to hold Marik for so long?"

I looked at Ambrose and could see that he thought this was a serious problem.

"I'm fine truly, Marik is very light and I feel much better than when I woke up."

Ambrose looked unconvinced his face seeming to contort he was about to speak before a servant ran up to us bowing before addressing Ambrose.

"My Pharaoh, I'm sorry to interrupt your private time with the queen and the prince, but the ambassador from Nubia wishes to have an audience with you."

Ambrose looked at a loss and turned to look at Marik, and I. Nodding my head softly I watched as Ambrose sighed and began to walk away without a world.

"Mama?" I looked down at the small child who I had been so shocked by.

"Yes my child?"

"Are we going to have fun without Papa?"