"link, may i ask what brings you to kakariko village at a time like this? surely, you haven't freed all of the divine beasts...?"

-

"n-no, not yet. we--i still have one more to go. vah naboris."

you noticed link hesitate as he said 'we' and you felt your mood dampen at his sudden word change. link was confusing you more and more. he used to always include you, what happened?

"i see...and who might this fair lady be?"

you looked at impa and then at link, your shyness taking over.

why were you so shy towards this old woman that you've never met before? thoughts like these ran through your mind.

"impa, this is (y/n), we met on the outskirts of rito village. a lot happened since then and we decided that we'd travel together. she's been with me for the past weeks."

-

"(y/n)? hmm..."

impa stared closely at you, her old and wise eyes scanning your face. you tried not to look into impa's eyes since you felt a bit awkward, but as soon as you made eye contact, impa gasped. link raised and eyebrow.

"impa? what's wrong?"

impa smiled and whispered to herself.

"my dear, (y/n)...it's been too long."

-

"what..? impa, what did you say?"

-

"link, do you not rem-"

suddenly, the house started to shake intensely and the walls of impa's home started falling a part. there were loud bombing noises outside and you heard blood-curdling screams. you wobbled and tripped on your own feet but was instantly saved by link's arms. you blushed madly, letting your feelings show on your face as he brought himself closer to you. you closed your eyes and pushed link away a little.

"l-let go, link. i'm fine."

link obliged with a small frown. he held you up and ran towards the door. he opened them and yelled at you.

"(y/n)! impa! the village is being attacked!"

impa slowly stood up and held onto paya with an anxious expression.

"by what?!"

-

"the yiga clan!"

you gasped and ran towards link, and saw the horrific scene.

kakariko village was being overrun by the red and black scouts and warriors, their red papers being left everywhere and their blades slashing through villagers and homes. there was blood everywhere and you saw the sheikah people trying to get the children away by leading them past the graveyard and through the field over the fence on the left side of impa's home. the screams were filling your ears and your (e/c) eyes stopped on a certain figure. 

it was him, the yiga person who attacked link in rito village. only this time, he was heavily equipped and looked more frightening than before. link narrowed his eyebrows as he noticed your fearful expression and what you were looking at. 

link started to take out his royal sword to fight when you grabbed his hands to stop him.

"link! you can't! there's too many! we need to get everyone out of here!"

-

"(y/n), i can't just stand here and watch! and he's right there, i can take him. i can't forgive him for what he did last time, i..."