it takes time connecting with dead witches . . .

"Why would students be attending school this late at night?"

After a wonderful truck ride from New Orleans to the city of Mystic Falls, Ivy-Rose was caught between disappointment and confusion when she was led to a high school, Mystic Falls High School, to be exact. Klaus refused to give her a full answer and managed to quiet his wife's questioning with food. But now, she was full and restoring her mind. It take only a few hours for Ivy-Rose to be her usual hybrid-self and he couldn't hide any of his thoughts. Instead of an answer, a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist. 

"Have you found her?" Klaus whispered into his wife's ears. In her hand was a photograph of Elena Gilbert. 

"Walking through the hallway on the second floor. She just exited classroom 211."

And with such news, Klaus took an eager a step forward. His mind couldn't stop thinking of the dozens of ways he'll grab the doppelgänger. He was about to take another step to vamp-speed into the building, but an iron hand clammed his chest. Ivy-Rose forced his every attention with her stare. 

"I am in no mood to clean a bloody mess, so, for the love of all that is somewhat good in you, don't mess things up." Klaus rolled his eyes before nodding, then made another move Ivy-Rose slammed her hand against his chest again, "Do you remember las time I let you simply roam?"

Refraining himself from doing something regrettable—which was as rare as a black moon—Klaus offered his wife a closed-lipped smile with a nod. Seeing her face relax, he pressed a kiss to her cheek before his brows rose, "No promises, love."

"Niklaus!" But Ivy-Rose was to late. Klaus sped into the high school. 

Left behind, the werewolf-witch rolled her own eyes before doing the exact opposite of whatever Klaus was doing. Where he was rushing to and acting with violence, she took her time to admire. The ground the school was built on felt familiar, so when she walked, it felt like she was home. Yet, everything around her was different from before. High schools had greatly developed from last she remembered. Aspects that reminded Ivy-Rose that time hadn't moved too fast was the reliability electricity had and the stone building the structure felt aged. But whatever they were hunting spooked the witch from her thinking. Passing the school's senior students scattered ere and there, Ivy-Rose slowly counted down until she would find wherever this Elena Gilbert was.

With a quick a step back when she saw Klaus, Elena turned in hopes to run, such hope was crushed when she slammed into a person. When Elena screamed, her shoulder was gripped and her chin was lifted by a pair of slender fingers.  

 "Hello, darling," A woman. At the alluring sound of a woman's voice, Elena's eyes shot open  to stare into a dark trance. Her tensed body immediately relaxed for Ivy-Rose to properly look over the Elena Gilbert, "You must be the girl that Niklaus has been looking for. You look just like her...that's rather distasteful."

Stalking up behind the teen, Klaus whispered quietly with fury on his tongue.

"You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do that?" Switching holds with his wife, Klaus marched out of the corner with Elena down the hall. Any students who crossed paths with the vampire were compelled to forget what they saw. Captive between the Original and a new woman, Elena had nowhere to run but be forced down a fear-driven walk. 

"H-How did you get here and how did you find me?" She stuttered out her question, but in return, her arm was squeezed tighter. The response called for her eyes to focus ahead of them. 

"I don't need to answer your question until you answer mine. How and why are you still alive?" Elena was then forcefully shoved into the gym. Klaus pressed his lips together to channel the anger coursing through him. They're walk around the corner and down another hall would never slow down.