she's the doppelgänger . . .

Shellshock was an understatement to describe Ivy-Rose's reaction to the new world. Rather than embrace the variety of neckline styles and tight pants like her sister, the hybrid stood rather confused in front of a section of women's tops. Crop tops, layered tops, peplum, button-up, and the dozens of other styles Rebekah chatted in her ears. The fact a person could now walk the street in ripped jeans and cut shirts exposing their full torso froze the woman in place.

"You've missed the evolution of fashion because of the dagger." Rebekah heaved a pile of clothes into her sisters arms. Every few seconds, from the corner of her eye, she would  watch her sister hesitantly pick up a hanger. Rebekah knew her sister was critical of everything around them, but it was fashion for crying out. If she had the nerve, which of course she did, Rebekah would come out as the creator of flower crowns because of her sister. 

Yet, even with her incessant badgering, her dear older sister refused to embrace the new fashions. The way she held up a fully-lace bra cracked the vampire up. "It's just, well, the only place a woman could have her breasts exposed was at the burlesque clubs. Now, they walk the streets without shame." Ivy-Rose wore a cheeky smile when she tucked the lingerie under her arm.  

The more she travelled around the store, slid in and out of dressing rooms, and was forced to listen to her sister's advice, the more Ivy-Rose slowly became comfortable. The hybrid of course didn't miss the racy underwear hidden between jackets and pants. 

"Why are you giving me so many clothes, Rebekah?" Ivy-Rose asked after another round of trying on. Rebekah silently scrutinized the combination of green and pink before tutting her tongue. 

"Now that the world has moved ninety years into the future, we have to keep up with the times." Rebekah handed her sister the jacket, "You, my puppy, are an old spirit in a young, youthful body. Instead of you missing common fashion trends, you are going to set them with that cute butt of yours."

A shy cracked across the hybrid's unreadable face before she ducked back into the dressing room. The curtain closed off any sight of her to Klaus and Stefan, who lounged with champagne to pass the long, long time. Both vampires knew even voicing a complaint on being the sisters chauffeurs would unleash a mouthful of complaints. This was the bare minimum Klaus could give after releasing his family from death he agreed to with his sister. And plus, it gave him time to answer the multitude of Stefan's questions.

"So Ivy-Rose is an Original? I thought you're all vampires?" Stefan stared at the curtain blocking him from the woman. His mind was still rocked by the revelation of female Mikaelsons existing and on top of that, Klaus the Great Mad had a wife. The Big Bad Wolf, just by saying his name struck fear in all that heard it, was a married man.   

An unreadable smile spread on Klaus' face. 

"She's a myth, some say. A fable to scare children from walking in the dark. Ivonna is an Original Mikael, but not a vampire, my friend. She is something greater. The only of her kind—"

"I'm a werewolf and witch, Stefan. There's no need for dramatics, Niklaus." Ivy-Rose's voice cut the man off. It was then followed by a low grunt when she jumped into a pair of skinny jeans. 

"And you're married?" Ivy-Rose shook her head in the stall, zoning her ears from the men's conversation to focus on herself. In front of a mirror, her dark eyes judged her figure. On one hand, the tight pants framed her figure perfectly—a sight she would only see bathing. But now, her 'cute little butt' was for display. Her canines glistened against her lips when she smiled at her appearance. Ivy-Rose, to keep the rest of her mind sane, slipped a leather jacket atop a white blouse and slid on boots to complete the new ensemble.