Chapter 9

Two weeks later Kristina was standing in her bedroom. Her usually so tidy room had clothes scattered all over it. Several band t-shirts were tossed on the floor, the bed and the windowsill. Skirts were strewn across the chair and pants were everywhere. Kristina herself was still in a towel with damp hair, and she was looking frantically for something to wear. It was Saturday morning, and in two hours she was going to go to the first rehearsal of the new Michael Jackson tour. As the lead guitarist. The thought still hadn't really settled with her, it still felt like a dream. And as the day had come closer, Kristina had found herself more and more nervous. She still couldn't shake the memory of her and Michaels moment outside of her apartment building and the thought of the looks he had cast her still gave her butterflies in her stomach.

Which was really stupid, as she tried convincing herself. She was his guitarist. Nothing else. And she didn't even want a relationship. And besides, you don't just walk in from the street being a nobody and go into a relationship with the biggest entertainer and most desired man in the world. But still. She could not stop thinking about Michael, even though she really wanted to. It would be way better if she could just stop. For everybody. But then again, there had been some sort of electricity between them during that hug...

Kristina was thrown back to reality by a knock on her door. Joey and Amy peaked in.

'Wow, what happened to your room?' Amy asked, handing Kristina a hot cup of coffee. Kristina sighed frustrated.

'I don't know what to wear! I have to leave in an hour, I don't know what to wear, I don't have anything that looks even remotely okay, I'm the worst guitarist ever and this was all a huge mistake!' she blurred out, panting as she sat down on a pile of clothes with her head in her hands.

Joey sat down next to her, as Amy started roaming the closet and the drawers.

'Chill out girl! You're gonna do fine. Remember, Michael wanted you himself, right? He's heard you play, he knows what you can do.'

'No I'm not!' she yelled on the verge of crying. 'I don't even have a proper guitar! I love Francine, but she is going to make a fool out of me at that rehearsal. I'll get laughed right out the backdoor!'

'We can work on that,' Joey said soothingly, rubbing her back.

'And it is NOT true that you don't have anything to wear. Just be you!' Amy said, tossing a black pair of skinny jeans and a deep blue t-shirt with studs on it towards her.

'I'm not really sure I WANT to be me...' Kristina sighed, measuring the clothes with her eyes. 'What the hell do you wear to something like this?'

'Okay gurl, Imma have to stop you right there. Look at yourself!' Joey said as he made her look up by holding her chin.

'You have some of the most beautiful blue eyes all of Scandinavia has to offer. You have banging hair, gorgeous lips and a body that makes most guys crazy. Including Mr. MJ himself, if you ask me!' he said and laughed.

Kristina scoffed.

'Stop it, Joey.'

'I saw the way he was looking at you! Like a hungry tiger staring at a fat zebra. I'm telling you ma'm, The King of Pop wants to pop it with you!'

Kristina just glared at him.

'Did you just call me fat?'

'Damn girl! That would be the biggest lie since Watergate!' he yelled.

'And no, I didn't. I was complementing yo hot ass. Now stop being whiney, get dressed and go do yo thang!' he said, clapping her shoulders.

Two hours later, Kristina was parking her car at the Staples Center, thinking she might have gone a little overboard. She was wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans, Converses completely covered in studs and a Nine Inch Nails t-shirt. And she even painted her fingernails a beautiful navygreen color, something she never did. It had also been Amy's decision.