Chapter 5

Kristina dropped her jaw just as much as the next person. First of all, Michael Jackson, THE King of Pop, was standing less than two feet from her and he was looking fantastic, with those chocolatebrown eyes that made you just want stop what you're doing and spend the rest of your life looking in to them. Second of all, did he just ask her to become his lead guitarist?

'What?!' Orianthi then exclaimed looking at him with eyebrows raised.

'What about me?'

'I'm sorry Orianthi. You know I think you're a great guitarist, but I'm going for a different sound for this tour,' Michael said with a quiet voice, almost looking shy. He obviously wasn't happy with confrontations like this.

'What kind of sound?' Orianthi squaled heatedly. Michael nodded towards Kristina, who had yet to take her eyes away from his beauty.

'Her sound.'

Orianthi scoffed.

'She doesn't have a 'sound'. She doesn't even own a decent guitar!' Kristina opened her mouth to protest, but was cut short by Frank Dileo.

'Mike, are you sure you want this? She doesn't have any experience at all,' he said.

No experience at all? Kristina thought raising her eye brows. She didn't know anyone else who supported themselves entirely by playing on the streets in a foreign country! No one could make an old guitar like Francine sound as good as she did!

The three continued talking about her and her apparent lack of skills as if she wasn't even there. She felt the recklessness reappear inside of her, and decided to take action. She walked to an unknown guitarist holding a standard Gibson SG and whispered if she could borrow it real quick? He was good looking, although Kristina was too agitated to notice. The three were still arguing and Travis had now joined the discussion.

The guitarist, who's hair was long and blonde, gave her a pretty smile and looked at her with his deep blue eyes.

'Are you going to cause a scene?'

'That was the plan,' she shrugged indifferently.

'Then please be my guest,' he said, winking at her while handing her the guitar. Kristina smiled but was irritated by the wink. What was with guys these days? She took the guitar, walked unnoticed unto the stage and plucked it in.

Without warning, she started playing a medley of riffs to the classic Michael Jackson-songs really loudly, causing the argument to stop and all heads to turn towards her. She decided to take it all out, now that she had an audience. She jumped around onstage, adding difficulty to the riffs and ended up sliding to the front of the stage on her knees while holding the last note as long as possible.

Everybody clapped, and Michael looked at her and smiled biting his lower lip, but Kristina didn't react to it.

'Yes. I DO know how to play an electric guitar. Just wanted you to know that,' she said while handing the guitar back. She felt the attitude rise in her as she walked towards the exit.

'Other than that, I think I'm done here. I really don't need this. I didn't even know there WAS an audition until a couple of hours ago. So fuck this and you can all just go fuck yourselves,' she said, slamming the door behind her.

Michael sighed and looked towards Frank, Orianthi and Travis.

'Now look what you've done!' The three of them looked embarrassed at the ground, although Orianthi looked a little satisfied.

'I'm sorry Michael. You were right, she's talented. But I'll repeat what I said earlier; she has no experience. Do you really think she can handle the touring life? That's hard work, you know,' Frank said, while Travis nodded. Michael rolled his eyes.

'I'm well aware of the downside of touring, thank you very much. I lose about 5 pounds every night on stage, remember? That girl is extremely talented, and what she does is completely new and it's gonna blow the mind of the audience! We need something new, Frank, and she's it!'

Frank looked at his longtime friend and client and narrowed his eyes.

'Are you sure that's the only reason?'

'What do you mean?' Michael asked confused, raising his eye brows.

'I saw the way you were looking at her...' Frank began, but Michael held up his hand.

'Frank, her beauty has nothing to do with this. She's a great guitarist. I want her on my team. Fix it!' Michael said, before leaving the room. Frank smiled to himself as Michael walked away.

'I didn't say anything about her beauty,' he thought to himself.