15 || time travellers are not welcome

Once they get in the car and start driving a ways away

Once they get in the car and start driving a ways away. Diego asks Klaus, who is clinging to a bottle of alcohol like a lifevest, "You okay?" When all Klaus does in response is take another sip, Diego turns and looks at Maggie in the backseat who is surely a picture of sickness. Her eyes are red, her skin is pale...she might as well be a vampire. He asks her, "What about you?"

Maggie groans in response. Diego laughs and says, "Wow. This is a first. The wonder twins are silent. Last time the both of you were this quiet, we were twelve. Ran down the stairs wearing Grace's heels, tripped over, and broke your jaws. How long were they wired shut again?"

Klaus mumbles in response, "Eight weeks."

"Eight glorious weeks of bliss," Diego corrects.

Klaus perks his head up at something on the side of the road and turns to Diego. "Hey, just...just drop me off here."

Diego pulls over and, as Klaus is getting out while clutching his bottle of alcohol, asks, "You sure you okay, man?" When Klaus goes inside of a bar, Diego turns back to Maggie. "Should we go in after him?" Maggie shrugs. "You're right. We probably shouldn't." He pulls roughly out of the parking spot.

After a few seconds of driving, Diego sighs then turns back around in the direction of the bar. A small, strained voice pipes up from the backseat, "Good idea."

Once they pull up, the two of them hop out and rush inside to find Klaus staring at the photos of Veterans.

Diego claps his hand on Klaus's shoulder, and he jumps and turns. Klaus says with a sigh, "Just go away, please."

"Not until you talk to us," Diego says.

"Is that a threat," Klaus asks, "You threatening me?"

An older man comes up behinds them and says, "Hey, guys. This bar? It's for vets only."

"I am a vet," Klaus responds, still looking at the pictures on the wall. Maggie tries to look over his shoulder at them, but Klaus is blocking them.

The veteran scoffs, "Really? Where'd you serve?"

"None of your business."

The veteran takes a step forward. "You got balls comin' in here, pretendin' you're one of us."

"Oh,' Klaus says, finally turning around, "I have every right to be here, just like you. Asshole."

The vet takes a few steps towards Klaus, but Diego stops him. Another dizzy spell hits Maggie and she collapses onto a nearby chair, unnoticed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Diego says, "Hey, Slow down, Marine. All right? My brother's just had a few too many. Let's just call it a day, all go on our way."

"Sure thing," the vet says.

"Thank you. Klaus-"

"As long as you apologize," the vet continues. Klaus giggles.

Diego turns back to the vet. "Fine. I'm sorry. He's sorry. We're all sorry. So...are we good?"

"I wanna hear him say it," the vet says, pointing at Klaus.

"Hey, man, I'm just trying to-"

Klaus turns and says, "No, no. He's right, Diego. He's right. He's right. I'd like to apologize...that you...are depriving some village of their idiot!" The vet swings at Klaus, but narrowly misses Diego in the process.

Klaus takes down the vet in one swift move while Diego punches the guys coming as reinforcements. Maggie just sits and watches, not having the energy to even try to get up.

Once the fight is over, they run outside with Maggie lagging behind. She pauses, once they exit the door. Diego yells at her, "Come on!"

Maggie turns and throws up dark red blood onto the sidewalk. Diego hurries over and holds her hair back as she continues throwing up the blood. Once she is done, they help her lay down in the back of the car.

Once they get in the car, Klaus breaks the silence by saying, "I'm not a doctor, but I don't think you should be throwing up blood."

Maggie groans from the backseat, "I'm fine"

Klaus and Diego yell back at her, "No you're not!"

Diego sighs then turns back to Klaus. "You got a big mouth, you know that?"

Klaus shakes his head. "Oh, wow. What a shocking revelation, Diego."

'Everything's a big joke to you, right?' Klaus starts to open a baggie of drugs. "Would you stop that?" He forcibly grabs the bag from Klaus, causing him to throw a temper tantrum worthy of a five-year-old. "Why are you putting this shit in your body?" Klaus blows a raspberry in response. "Check this out. Hm?" Diego pulls up his shirt and smacks his abs. "My body is a temple. All that shit you do, it's just weakness."

Maggie rolls her eyes in the backseat as Klaus says, "Oh, wow, beautiful. Well, weakness feels so good." While talking, Klaus pulls another baggie out of his pocket.

Diego hits the back of his head. "What's goin' on with you, huh?"

Klaus yells at him, "Don't hit me, asshole!"

"Don't tell me everything is all right because I saw you in there," Diego yells back, "You were crying like a baby!"

Klaus sighs, "Because I lost someone! I lost someone. The only...the only person I've ever truly loved more than myself."

"I'm right here," Maggie yells from the backseat. Klaus shrugs.

Klaus pulls a pill out of the baggie and says, "Cheers." before popping it into his mouth like candy.

"Well, you're luckier than most," Diego tells Klaus, "When you lose someone, at least you can...see them whenever you want." Diego becomes fixated on something behind them before whispering, "That's our man."

Klaus looks back and says, "Hey, I know that guy. He and a really angry lady tortured me and Lia. We barely got out with our lives."

Diego starts the car while saying, "We gotta get this guy."