1 || note to self: don't choke people

Growing up, The Disease was a force to be reckoned with

Growing up, The Disease was a force to be reckoned with. She was widely referred to as the most dangerous member of the Umbrella Academy since her abilities were deadly.

Even though she was able to do the most damage, she wasn't the most feared. That role was given to her boyfriend, Horror. At least, it was his role until his untimely demise.

-|☂️|-

In a well-furnished lab, Maggie looks into a microscope when she feels the oxygen behind her move to allow a body to pass through. Even if she wasn't able to feel this disturbance, she would still know someone was behind her because of the stench of cheap cologne. Without looking up, she says, "Fuck off, Kevin."

A voice turned gruff by years of cigarettes, says behind her, "How did you know it was me?"

"You're the only one who ignores all the signals to leave me alone. Plus, you breathe loud." And I can smell your cologne from a mile away, she says to herself.

"Hey!"

"What do you want," she asks with a groan, already knowing the answer. She enhances the picture on the microscope when she notices something new.

"Dinner on Saturday. You. Me."

She lets out an annoyed sigh. "We've been over this. I have a boyfriend." She briefly stops looking into the microscope to make a quick note.

"Don't you mean you had a boyfriend?"

Maggie freezes. "If you had any value for your life, you would shut up."

"I always thought the Umbrella Academy was dumb," he taunts, "It was just some kids in spandex playing superhero."

"Shut up," she mutters through clenched teeth. What were the breathing exercises mom taught me?

"I thought you were the one that was the most tolerable. But then your relationship became public," Kevin mutters with disgust.

"I'm warning you." Take slow deep breaths. You can handle this. In and out. Just focus on that.

"Do you know how fucking nasty that is?" A smile creeps onto his face. "At least he died before his reputation was ruined."

Fuck it. She slowly looks up at him. She softly says, "I thought I told you to be quiet." She manipulates the oxygen in his lungs to rapidly escape his lungs. He starts gasping for air, but she doesn't allow a single oxygen atom to enter his lungs.