Part 10 :- In 'Pain' and In 'Pleasure'

Începe de la început

Xian gets worried and confused, "Jun, what is wrong?"

"I am sorry, Xian, but I can't kiss you now," YiJun says, walking away, putting more space between them.

'What happened? The spell should have made the bond stronger. It looks like I made a mistake. Does he not love me anymore?' Xian thinks as tears make their way down his cheeks.

"Why? Does my Jun not love me anymore." Xian asks hesitantly, picking up the jade knife once more and puts it to his chest, 'If he rejects me now, I might as well die. He is my only reason to live. There is no meaning to continue to exist if he is not with me.'

Present 

 *The Emperor's Smile, Night Time*

There are combined gasps from staff and customers alike when Wangji walks into the main hall and sits on the Jade Throne. 

 Then there is silence.

"Why does it surprise everyone if the owner takes his rightful place?" Wangji growls.

Everyone tries to calm down and act like usual. That proves difficult.

Murmurs and whispers start spreading as each and everyone present follows Wangji's every move.

"Why is he here tonight?"

"Damn, he is hot!"

"I wonder who fucked up again?"

"Am I his type?"

"It must be Junior Li. I am sure he has still not learned his lesson."

"Who the hell is he? And who the hell gave me the right to look like that!?"

"I hope it's nothing serious."

"I wonder if he is single."

"I hope it's not me."

Wangji wants to close all his senses to the whispers around him. He wonders for the umpteenth time why he is doing these things for this particular boy. Why can't he stay away from the boy?

He is still deep in thought when Xian walks on stage. The club becomes quiet as Xian introduces himself and starts singing.

Wangji watches as everyone's attention gets focused on the new singer. He sighs, 'This is what I did not want.'

Wangji wants to murder everyone who is directing their lust-filled gaze towards Xian. 

 Anger builds up in his heart to the extent that his eyes almost turn red. 

 Xian looks at Wangji at this point, and their gazes lock with each other. Throughout the rest of the performance, the singer's eyes stay glued to Wangji. 

 Eventually, the performance ends, and the club bursts into loud applause. Everyone is impressed. 

 Xian bows and exits the stage.

'What the hell!? He was just looking at me, and still, it was almost as if he was touching me. Fuck!' Xian thinks, feeling hot. He wants to be touched; his heart craves it. It makes him mad and confused that it is Wangji who is making him feel this way. 

He wonders once again why his body is betraying him.

He asks one of the staff members if there is a place he could rest and is directed to a spare room in the lower floor of the club. 

 He closes the door and stands with his back to the wall, panting, 'Jun. I love Jun. I want Jun... ' He closes his eyes only to remember Wangji's intense gaze on him... 'FUCK!'