How could Laura do this to me? She said she didn't want to die so what did she changed her mind?

I don't understand.

"Breakfast of champions, huh?" Stefan said when he joined me outside. "I'm surrounded by idiots. I need all the help I can get." I said.

Stefan came up and stood next to me, probably to give me another lecture about respecting Laura's decisions. "You know, you're helping."

I finally looked at him. "Elijah is an original vampire, Stefan. One we tried to kill. You're going to believe this guy?" I said distrusting of him.

"What do you want me to do, Damon? Laura made her decision. She's choosing to trust Elijah. I'm going to put my faith in her." He said supporting every one of her idiotic decisions to stick her neck out for some guy to spill her blood over a silly little rock.

"Why? She's going to end up dead." I argued.

I grabbed his neck and glared into his eyes. "I will not lose her to some maybe." I told him.

Stefan was calm despite how hard I was gripping onto him. "She chose to trust you, Damon. Don't do anything that will disappoint her." He warned me.

The way he said it somehow made me feel irritated. "Maybe you shouldn't be so sure about her instincts." I said to him.

I drained half of my drink before throwing the rest away and went back inside.

Laura's POV

I was alone in the library with Elijah holding onto the elixir I was about to drink. "To be honest, I never thought you'd be the one to do this." Elijah spoke.

I let out a long sigh. "I didn't think I would either." I told him. "So what made you decide this?" He asked.

"When I realised my best friend was going to die for us. I've known Bonnie for a long time, she's the sweetest person in the world. Even though, Elena and I lost our parents a year ago, she's the one suffered the most." I said.

Elijah looked at me curiously.

"Bonnie's mom abandoned her when she was a kid and her dad was never around. She only had her Grams who really loved her, but she was gone too. Because of us." I said with my voice cracking a little.

"So you're doing this to repay her?" Elijah asked.

I did a small nod. "I guess so. But mostly because I just can't stand the idea of letting her die for me." I told him.

I was about to open the cap of the elixir when Elijah spoke again. "You know, there's a possibility this elixir won't work." He said and I looked at him. "I don't want to mislead you."

I nod my head again. "I know the chance I'm taking." I said. I was about to drink it when I heard Jenna's voice.

"Get out!"

"Jenna, Jenna!"

"Get out!"

Elijah and I looked at each other before we went out to the front door together to see what was happening. We walked out and saw Jenna holding onto a crossbow and pointing it at Ric.

"Ric?"

"Jenna, put the crossbow down, okay? It's me." He said trying to convince her it was him but Jenna didn't believe him. "Stay away from me."

Elena, Stefan and Damon soon joined us when they heard the commotion. "What's going on?" Elena asked.

"It's me, guys, I swear, okay? He let me go. Klaus let me go." Ric insisted we believe him but we didn't know if we could.