Damon looked at me with a look that says don't do it, but I already made up my mind. "I'll do it." I called out getting a surprised look from everyone.

"What?" Damon looked at me shocked. "Are you insane?"

"Are you serious? No, I'll do it." Elena said quickly then looked at me as if I was insane. "What are you thinking?" 

"Elena, I know it's not what you'd expect from me but I already decided this when I took the dagger out of Elijah." I told her.

"I want to save everyone just as much as you do. So I want to do it." I said.

"And you didn't think about discussing this with me first?" Damon looked out me with rage because I didn't tell him this was what I wanted. "Because I knew how you'd react and you'd try to stop me." I told him.

"Wait, Laura, are you sure that what you want to do?" Stefan asked me.

Ever since when I found out Damon was going to let Bonnie die for our sake I knew I couldn't stand by and let that happen.

I had to find another way. And this was it.

So I was willing to stick my neck out to save my friend and everyone else that I love.

"Yes." I said bravely.

Elena was shaking her head vigorously. "No, I can't let you do that. I wanted to do this before you had. Let me do it." She said.

"Elena..."

"I think I can help you two decide." Elijah spoke up after watching us argue who was going to step up. He went out for a moment and then came back. "To resolve your conflict, I have come up with a solution."

He held up two small twigs, one was shorter than the other. "Whoever pulls the short stick will take part of the ritual, and that will be the end of that."

Elena and I looked at each other and seemed fine with this rule. "That seems fair." I said and Elena agreed.

We both stepped forwards and drew out the sticks from Elijah's hand. I let out a long breath before we revealed them. I looked at Elena's and let out another long breath.

...I drew the short stick.

Elena was shocked when I drew the shortest stick and looked sad because I knew she wanted to be the one to sacrifice herself.

"I guess it's me then." I said.

Stefan looked at me sadly but nod his head and accepted my decision. Damon, on the other hand, didn't accept it.

"No. There's no way I'm letting you do this." He said grabbing me roughly by the arms. "Damon, it's already been decided." I said showing him the stick I pulled out.

"Screw this!" He yelled at me. "Do whatever the hell you want." He glared and then stormed out of the room.

The room was finally quiet now that Damon's left so we continued to discuss things with Elijah. "Do we know it Klaus has everything he needs to do this?" I asked. "Does he have a werewolf?"

Werewolves are near extinction now, the only person left that we know are Jules and Tyler but they were smart enough to leave before Klaus arrived.

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." Elijah answered.

Damon's POV

I couldn't stand listening to their suicidal crap anymore so I went outside to calm myself down. I took my scotch with me hoping it could calm me but it wasn't helping at all. The more I thought about it the more infuriated I was.