"What are we learning today?" He asked flipping through the teach log book for any references but he was completely lost.

"With the decade dance, we've been covering the sixties all week." Dana answered for him from the front row.

"Right. The sixties." Klaus responded bored with the subject already.

He was about to proceed the class when he found both Gilbert sisters sitting at the back of the class. His whole body froze the moment he laid eyes on Laura.

Tatia.

Laura looked at him unsuspectingly causing a small smirk to form on Klaus face before he snapped out of his daze to continue with the class like normal. He turned to the board and wrote 'The 60s'.

"The, uh, ahem... the sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but actually, they kind of sucked." Klaus commented having to live through that period.

"Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh. What else is there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate." Klaus blabbered to find anything interesting but he honestly didn't feel like teaching the class.

Noticing he made a mistake Laura spoke up. "Watergate was in the seventies, Ric."

Everyone turned their attention and stare at her, realising what she just said she corrected herself quickly. "I mean Mr Saltzman."

"Right." Klaus smiled. "It all kind of mushes together up here. The sixties, the seventies. Thank you, Laura."

He had his eyes on her for a moment before turning back to the class.

~ ~ ~

Laura's POV

It was our lunch break and Elena and I were in the cafeteria trying to look for free seats when I spot Bonnie and Jeremy arguing about something. I nudge Elena and went over to them.

We approached them but they went silent on us. "Uh oh, it this a lover's quarrel I see." I teased them but Jeremy got annoyed. "Shut up, Laura."

I let it off with a smile and sat down next to Bonnie with my lunch tray. "Jer, how are you doing? Are you okay at the house alone with John?" Elena asked.

"It's not ideal." He replied with his eyes locked on Bonnie as if he was upset about something. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder.

"You haven't heard from Jenna, have you?" I asked.

"It looks like she's staying on campus." Jeremy answered. "Look, I'm late for class." He said and left before we could ask anything further.

I look down at Bonnie and noticed she shook her head as Jeremy walked away. "What's going on with you two?" I asked.

Bonnie looked at me. "I told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight." She said and I smiled typically of my little brother. "Of course, that's so Jeremy."

"Hey, Laura. There you are."

I looked up and saw Dana walking over to our table. "This is going to sound freaky but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you were going to the dance tonight." She said.

I look over to Elena and Bonnie weirdly. "Excuse me." I laughed being a little bit surprised. Bonnie raised a brow. "Tell him that she has a boyfriend."

"And he gets crazy jealous." Elena said. I roll my eyes at her but it's true.

"You could at least meet him." Dana insisted. I was going to tell her I wasn't interested when she continued. "He'll be at the dance tonight, look for him. His name is Klaus."