22 | DANCE OF THE CLAIRVOYANTS

Start from the beginning

"Sorry," Wally says.

"Okay, here's what we know," Mary starts. "Our target keeps a tight schedule. He leaves everyday at 8 pm. He gets back exactly at 8:45."

"What's he doing?" Dean asks.

"Night fishing," Wally says, sipping his coffee.

"Wait a minute, you called us to- to kill a demon who likes to fish?" Cas asks curiously.

"Yes, I did," Wally replies. "Look, guys, this is all new to me. Look, you got a rugaru problem? Hey, I'm your guy. But, demons?" He shakes his head and sighs. "Hell. Look, I was just passing through and I heard about some cattle mutilations."

"Classic demon sign," Sam says.

"I started to dig," Wally says. "A lot of virgins go missing around here too." My fingers tighten around Sam's for a moment, before relaxing again.

"Classic horny demon sign," Dean says. I roll my eyes.

"Which is why Wally called us, asking for help," Mary says. I look at her. Something doesn't seem right with her. Unless it's just my imagination. "So, are we all clear on the plan?"

"Incoming," Sam says after a moment of silence when we all nod. I look up at the waitress coming back over with the pot of coffee. She stops next to Castiel and I snicker when he leans over and sniffs her.

"Hey, Mandy? Question for you," Dean says as Mandy is filling the coffee cups around the table. "My shy but devastatingly handsome friend here, was uh, just wondering, when do you get off?"

"Whenever I can," she answers, looking at Cas.

"Hey-o!" Dean says. "Point 1 for her. Just dropped that on the table."

"Right in front of all of us," Wally says.

"All right, internets up," Sam says. "We're in business."

Wally clears his throat. "I'm so nervous, I don't know even know if I can eat."

"Everything's gonna be fine," Mary assures him.

EARLIER

"Hey, mom," Sammy says as he gets out of the impala. Dean and get out next and Mary introduces us to Wally.

"Your, uh, your mom's real proud of you boys," Wally says.

"Cas," Dean greets the angel.

"Thanks for coming. I know you're busy,"
Mary says.

"Not really," Cas says.

"So, what? No luck with Lucifer's kid?" Sam asks.

"No," Cas says. "Kelly Kline, it's like she's just disappeared."

"Lucifer's kid," Wally says. "That's a joke, right?" He smiles a little but at seeing everyone's serious facial expressions, he realizes it's true. "It's not a joke," he realizes.

Dean looks at everyone. "All right, ramblers. Let's get rambling."

•••

"All right, 8:45, demon comes home. Sam and I will be waiting for him. I'll pop him with a devil's trap bullet."

"I'll finish him off with a demon blade," Sam continues.

"And Bailey and I will wait at the back with Mary in case he comes in that way," Cas says.

"Cool, cool, what will I do?" Wally asks.