s. XV

Anni turned around and her parents followed her nervously. Anni crossed her arms over her chest and walked into the meeting room. She shut the door once her parents got in there and turned to look at them.

She only just realized then that she had completely left Ryder outside the door. She sighed and shook her head before standing up straight.

"What are you angry about now?" Ben asked her.

"The Jedi order!?" She furrowed her brows before stepping forwards. She noticed the two seemed confused. "The new one you want to start?"

"Oh-" Rey muttered before giving a look to Ben. "Your father doesn't a hundred percent agree with it either. I'm not sure that I do but we don't have much of a choice. We can't just do this alone this time. We can't risk losing more people."

"So you want to train a bunch of kids based on ol-" Anni was cut short by her father.

"You haven't even heard the whole story yet, An. How about you wait a second and let us explain before you go off on another tangent on how you think you know more than us?" Ben snapped suddenly. Rey gave him a look and he nervously looked back at Anni.

"We're not... Going by all the old rules." Rey explained. "You wouldn't wake up in enough time for us to talk to you about all of this. We had to go to Naboo on an immediate mission. But, our mission wasn't connected to the Jedi order."

Anni sighed and shook her head. "Then why did you go to Naboo?" Anni asked her parents. Ben looked at Rey for a second before deciding to speak.

"There were things left in the palace that your great grandmother left for my mother. Gowns, jewelery, and a few tokens. The people of Naboo noticed that a necklace she was gifted to by my grandfather was missing. We had to explain where it went. Then there was a celebration for the descendents of Amidala coming back and it was a whole... Trip. You would have come with but, you were knocked out."

Rey suddenly hit his arm. "Which is  your fault, may I remind you."

Ben just chuckled and looked down at his shoes.

"So, the Jedi order? You plan on just teaching kids, and for what?" Anni asked and watched as Rey turned to look out the window for just a second.

"Well, we need more force users in the future. We both thought about what you said, Anni. We believe we need to make everything right. There can't be just Jedi and Sith anymore." Ben told her and looked over at Rey. "I'll tell you," he looked back at Anni. "I know how you feel. I agree with you, but right now we need to have a divide between the good and bad. When there is war, there is a divide and your brother wouldn't come with us. This only makes it harder to keep the peace and balance."

"But Kai and I are the balance." Anni told him. "From what I've seen of your lives and my ancestors lives... It's all been leading up to you two. Dyads in the force having the most powerful twins in the Galaxy? I'm not sure you'll be able to create a new group of peacekeeping Jedi without Kai and I fully on board." Anni said truthfully.

Rey looked over at Anni. "Are you fully on board? We need to keep training you obviously but... You'll be able to teach the young ones the basics."

Ben suddenly joined in, "And you have training now on the dark and light. It'll help you differentiate the two better and how to utilize them. So, peace can be made. You have to just trust us. We haven't been the best parents, but we only want the best for you two. Honestly. You know that."

Anni watched her parents before walking over to them. She looked at her mom and then to her dad. She looked into their eyes and she could just feel their pain. They were heartbroken over Kai, but their minds had to be elsewhere. Anni knew that to be fact.