Stupid love (mature)

Começar do início

"I didn't know she found out. Why didn't you tell me that?" I asked.

"I couldn't! She threatened to fucking tell on us and that would've not only ruined me but you. I know how much you value your privacy when it comes to these sort of things and I didn't want-"

"Hold on, right there! You don't get to play the victim card right now. I had no fucking idea about any of this and now you're telling me you did this for me? Two seconds ago you didn't want to let everything behind for me and then you're suddenly the hero of the story?" I scoffed, turning back around to the mirror so I wouldn't have to look at his stupid face. No matter what he said, it didn't change the fact that he'd hurt me. Worse than anyone before him.

"I didn't love you back then, Stefani. It was just a fucking fling! We had fun and I thought you were okay with that?"

"I was okay with it! But even the whore deserves to get a text back that says 'sorry but I won't need your pussy anymore'." I rolled my eyes, holding back tears.

Bradley stayed quiet for a few seconds before I heard him walk towards me. I tried to get away from him but he quickly grabbed my arm and turned me towards him. I sighed and looked up at him, his body now as close to mine as possible, our chests touching. "You're not a whore to me, Stef." He said, sternly. His eyes bored into mine and I shut them for a second before I opened them again. "You've never been a whore to me and you've never just been an affair to me. We were best friends for years, partners, coworkers. I valued you and your opinion over anyone else's and I would've done anything to protect you."

I pressed my palms against his chest to push him away but he only kept a firm hold on my arms to keep me close. "Stop acting like you care about me now Bradley. It's been months without a word from you! You didn't call, didn't text, you didn't try to explain so why do you think now is the time?"

"I needed time to get my head straight. It wasn't that simple." He sighed.

"Then you could've told me that instead of ignoring me and making me feel like a piece of shit!" I pushed at his chest again and this time he let me. I turned away from him and ran a hand through my hair, letting out a frustrated groan.

"I was a jerk and you're right. I was selfish and used you when I needed you and you were always there for me." He said, breaking the silence. I didn't turn towards him again, instead I just stared at the wall in front of me, with my arms crossed and a frown on my face. "But it wasn't just sex for me anymore in the end. There was way more and I didn't like it. Fuck, I didn't want to catch feelings for you, but I did and when I realized what was happening, it was too late. And now here I am! I've hurt you, made you feel like shit and I'm still madly in love with you." He confessed, making me turn around now.

"You're what?" I asked, not believing my ears at this point. Did he say he loved me?

"I fucking fell in love with you. That's why I needed time away. That's why I couldn't see or talk to you. I didn't know what to do and I thought that if I tried to forget about you I'd get over it but fuck! I couldn't get you out of my head, Stef. You're always on my mind and when I heard that my mom was coming here for dinner I had to come. I knew you would've never let me into your house if I didn't do it now."

"Oh, you're right. I would've slammed that door right back into your stupid face, Cooper." I glared at him and let him come closer to me now. "So, you love me." I stated, trying to understand what the hell was going on.

He chuckled and grabbed my hips in his hands. "I think I've mentioned it a few times now, yes."

"Don't try to be funny with me now. I'm still really mad at you." I warned, rolling my eyes.