Kill or Be Killed

Start from the beginning

"Yeah they're having it rough." Stefan said. "But don't worry. They'll overcome it. Just like you and I will." He promised me giving me a sense of security.

Laura's POV

How the hell did I end up here? I could have sworn I was going to spend the day shopping, so how the hell did I end up being a volunteer at the Historical Society Volunteer Picnic?

"Come on Laura, move your hands!" Caroline scold me for not moving in a quick and orderly manner. I glare at her for ruining my day. Of course it's Caroline who pulled the strings. "Don't glare at me, and move your butt!" She said after getting uncomfortable with my glare.

I roll my eyes at her and went back to setting up the table. "So how long do you think Elena and Stefan is going to last?" I look at her as she asked me. "I mean, she's already messed up your relationship with Damon, wouldn't you expect Elena and Stefan to break up as well?"

I take a deep breath before telling her my point of view. "It all depends on how Elena takes it. If she doesn't like being someone else's shadow, then I don't think it will take long for them to break up." Caroline somehow looks pleased with what I said. Which is odd. I thought she would be worried about Elena and Stefan since she likes them together.

I shook the thought away. While I laid out the cups to pour lemonade in them a pair of gentle hands were on my waist made me flinch. Just from the single touch I could tell who it was. "Need any help?"

"Do I look like I need help?" I ignore his touch and continue pouring the lemonade when Damon wouldn't stop touching me. I stop pouring and breathed in annoyance. "What do you think you are doing?" I turn to glare at him behind my shoulder to meet his gaze before turning back to my work again.

"Your body was calling out to me. Do you have any idea how this alluring body of yours calls out to me all the time? I can totally understand Tyler Lockwood's temptation." He said softly in my ear making me shiver.

I set the stack of cups down before fully turning myself around to face him. "So you're saying you want to get back with me just so you could sleep my body?" I would be doubly pissed if that's the reason. "That maybe one reason." He said and I raise my brow at him. "Fine, it's because I love you that I want to make love to you, is that good enough reason for you?" He said.

I was silent for a short second before I push past him to do other work. I had to hide the fact that I was slightly blushing when he said it.

Damon's POV

I watched as she walks away from me with an attitude, she totally wants me, I can just tell.

I know things between Laura and I is not over yet, there's still a chance for us to be together again. Laura needs to understand how much I love her, but she's being stubborn with this whole Katherine thing.

I went away to look for Stefan when I found him talking to Mason Lockwood. I overheard their conversation and Stefan, being the hero, tried to fix my mistake from the other day. Stefan asked for a truce but Mason refused the same way I rejected his offer of peace, the way I was seeing it things was going to get messy.

When Mason left I vamp speed myself to Stefan. "What are you doing?" I asked him even though I already know the answer. "Negotiating peace on your behalf." Stefan answered without looking back at me.

I click my tongue "But I don't want peace1" I whine like a 4 year old. "Consider it opposite day." He turned around and said to me.

I walk around and grabbed his neck. "Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a handshake just solved our problem." I look him.