There was stretched silence as they watched the boring program going on on the tv, while Daisy ate her ice cream quietly.

The girl cleared her throat. There she goes, Daisy thought. " How have you been doing, Ma'am?" Daisy rolled her eyes.

" I have told you more than once to stop calling me ma'am, Mildred. It makes me feel like an old mean boss."

The girl chuckled. "Okay, I'm sorry, what is going on, Daisy? It's unlike you to stay away from the office, especially in a time like this..."

Daisy shrugged her shoulders, spooning ice cream into her mouth. "I just wanted to rest from everything. I have been so stressed lately. By the way, that's why I am employed right? To help me out in times like this..."

"I know and I'm not complaining..."

"Then why worry?"

Her eyes twitched and her fingers on her lap fiddled with the hem of her gown. "It's just that I noticed that lately, you have been distant. And Amanda has been too. She quarreled with Becky so she has been aloof too." What? Daisy sat up.

"What happened?"

"I dunno. Though from what I overheard, Becky complained she has not been giving her any attention since you two quarreled so she said she will go back to Argentina till she wants her again."

Oh, my. Daisy surged within. She has ruined their relationship! And here she was thinking it was Amanda that had sent Mildred to her house to check how she was fairing. "How is she?" She asked Mildred.

The girl bounced her shoulders. "Been moping around the office. The other day she fired Amani for not completing work that was supposed to be done three days ago..."

Daisy gasped. Amani was one of their best hands, he can't be fired just like that. She has to do something.

"I think you should speak to her..." The girl suggested. "Another thing..."

What more could be greater than this?

"I think she traveled to her parent's house yesterday, and now there is no one to supervise at the office. With the show coming up, it's a very bad time for this to be happening..." Daisy was no longer listening.

"Amanda traveled?"

"Yeah... Her assistant told me this morning."

"Shit!" Daisy was already up from the couch. She dropped her cream cup on the table and statutes making her out.

"Where are you going?" Mildred asked.

"Book me a ticket to New York at once, Mildred. I have to go to her."

"What? I came to tell you to come back to work and you are going to New York?"

"Hurry up, Mildred. I pay you to obey me, not question me!" Daisy sniped from upstairs, hurrying to her room.

"What if the order might ruin things?!"

"Just do it dammit!" She snapped and banged the door closed.

She hastened to her closet and started flinging clothes as she looked for what to wear and things to go with. She has never traveled like this in a long time. She can't believe Amanda would go to her parents house without telling her. Could she be that mad at her?

She promised she was going to be there for her when she told her parents about her sexuality and she was damn keeping to her promise because that is exactly what Amanda would have done for her. She has been so saturated in her own problems that she might end up losing the very people who care for her!

Done arranging, she picked up her car keys and grabbed her bag as she made for the door. She didn't even have her bath! Who cared?

She came down and her assistant was speaking to someone on the phone. Once she saw her boss, she ended the call.

"Have you booked?" Daisy asked.

"Yes, ma'am. It's the last ticket I was lucky to get. Though there is a little problem..."

"What?" Daisy arched her brow, dropped her bag to rearrange her bra cup that was poking at her. She might have worn it wrongly in her haste.

"It's not first class. .." Daisy halted her movement.

"Don't tell me it's the economy..." She shook her head, already frightened.

"I'm sorry...."

"Damn!" She shouted and made for the door.

The girl rushed to pick her bag and went after her.

Daisy hated using the economy class so much but for her friend, she was willing to sacrifice that if she would get to her.

"Get the damn car ready!" She ordered the driver and waited for him to drive out before she suddenly recalled she had responsibilities. Damn it! "Mildred, I need a favor."

"Whatever you need, Daisy."

"Can you help me pick up my son and my dog from the kiddies?"

The girl's face fell. "I-I might be able to pick them but I can't take them to my house because my sister just came around with her kids so..."

"Fuck!" She cursed. How could she not have thought about this? There is only one thing left for her to do..

...