Chapter 25

Ethan thought his world was over. Like everything was crushing beneath him and that continued even after a week that he left her household.

He has seen his son twice this week but not her. She was always working and the second day that he had taken his son home from the kiddies and used that excuse to see her, as though envisaged that, she crept up to her room before he would see her and didn't come down, not even when his son went to tell her he was leaving.

His heart was broken. When she said she didn't want anything between them again, he thought it was just a fib. In the past, she got angry and she would say mean things, including not going to be with him, but at the end it was all words of anger. But this time, this time he feared it was different.

"Dad, are you okay?" His son asked, jumping on his couch where he was watching him and the dogs play before he drifted off.

"Yeah, son, I was just thinking about your mom.." He said honestly.

"My mom?" The bit sat properly on the couch, his little legs sticking out in front of him as he appraised his father. "Is she still mad at you?"

"It appears so, boy. What has she been up to lately?" He asked the boy, who has been his intel for the past month.

The boy's curly tresses fluttered as he folded his mouth and thought of his father's words. "She has been up to a lot of things, Dad. The other day this man came to take her out in the night, and Aunty Amanda had to come pick me up to her place..."

Ethan's heart skipped. "She slept out?"

"Yeah, she did..."

It was like a knife was pierced in his chest. She was with another man? He has never been with another woman and would never think of it and she was going about with other men? This is so unfair! He had tried calling her on so many occasions but they all entered voice mails. So this was why? She now has another man..

"Dad..." The boy went on his knee and shook his fathers arm.

Ethan met his son's similar orbs, only realizing then he might be freaking out. "I'm okay, son... C'mon enjoy your animation," He pointed at the wild screen.

"I hate those..." The boy folded his arm under chest definitely. "Mom said they were for losers..." Quite like her to say that to a five year old.

"Hey, did you tell your mom I will be picking up today?"

His curls went in diverse directions as he shook them. "Nah..m why?"

"Nothing, just wondering if maybe we could surprise her... What do you think?"

He thought about it in his little head and then smiled and nodded fervently. "I like it! She would like it. Maybe we can get her chocolates, she likes them especially when she is cold..." Ethan's heart melted at his words. If there was something he hasn't thanked Daisy for, it was for the way she brought up their boy. The kid was too smart for his age and said highly sensible things.

Which kid at his age hated animation?!

Only his son.

"C'mon, boy," He jerked at the boy who squealed loudly and jumped off the couch. He ran after him, "I will catch you and feed you to Tarantula!" The boy ran towards the stairs, his hair bouncing and the dogs enticed by the game ran after them, barking all the while. The house was on fire.

That evening, he brought him back home and when he died the engine, he sent a little prayer to the one up there asking for his help on this one. And then he went to help his son down and the dog jogged down boisterously.

The front door snapped open and his present fantasy stormed out, and she wasn't looking receptive at all.

"Mom!" The boy ran to her and she stopped to examine his arm as though expecting him to be incomplete. She crushed the boy to her, her face so red with worry and it made Ethan more nervous. The front door opened again and two women walked out. One was Amanda and the other, Becky.