Chapter 36

"What?" Daisy asked Amanda, feigning unperturbed when inside, she was hurting. He was leaving for real? And she had promised her son she would try to forgive him. But how can she?

"Dee," Amanda started in a low tone, stopped, and bit down lightly on her lower lip, her eyes going from looking down at the desk to meeting the eyes of her friend calculatingly. "I made up my mind never to intrude in anything that has to do with you and Ethan because I wanted you to take whatever decision you want by yourself without feeling that anyone cajoled you into it..." She tapped mindlessly on the desk. "But for the last time I'm going to say this, don't let this opportunity pass you by just because you are being stubborn." She stood and picked up a file off the desk, flippered through it, hesitated as she gave Daisy a small smile and walked out.

Daisy sat there, thinking about what she said. She wanted so much to go to Ethan and stop him, but she didn't know if he would still want her back. The last time before he left her place, he was already looking defeated . She didn't want to go there and end up heartbroken. It would kill her more than anything.

She pushed her laptop lid further up, placed her palm under her jaw and with the other hand adjusted her spectacle as she assessed the design on the desktop mindlessly. She was here in body, but her soul and spirit is elsewhere.

Throughout the day at work, he couldn't concentrate. The little work she has managed to get now has all vanished with what Amanda said to her and so by exactly four o'clock, she told Amanda she was going to pick her son and go home to rest. She lied her pregnancy hormones were catching up with her but from the way she was hurrying out, Amanda knew she wasn't being entirely truthful.

Getting to the kiddies, she picked up Daniel and Ella and took them home. Daniel complained about bedding to go for a walk in the Park that weekend and she promised him a walk. He had become like that since she came back from New York. It was probably his father that spoiled him so. She called the nanny that usually took care of him when she wasn't around and gave her instructions on his diet and that of Ella and went to her room to pace for a good ten minutes clenching and unclenching her fists to gain courage.

She picked up her phone to call Ethan but after dialing the number two times, she didn't think she would be able to relate the message he had in mind to him through the phone and opted for physical meetup.

Then she made up her mind. He still has until tomorrow so she plans on visiting him that night to surprise him or was it just that she was delaying making time to make up her mind? When it grew darker, she turned on her laptop she had turned in and took her phone to call Amanda.

"Dee?" Amanda who was just done from eating out her partner's pussy replied. "Are you okay?"

"I'm not, Mandy..." She covered terrace with her hand, taking in a sturdy breath. "I think you are right. I have to stop him..." She waited if the other would say something. She didn't. Well... "Can you come over, please?" She asked Mandy in a small voice. "I think I need moral support, plus you are my best friend and you promised to stand by me..." Her voice broke down as she looked at her finger were the being of promise between her and Ethan lay... "I'm just scared, Mandy. I don't want to get hurt anymore. I don't want to relinquish the body of my emotions to any man again, particularly him..." She cried.

"Shhhhh, baby... Ok on my way there, okay?" Mandy soothed and was off the bed towards her closet to start dressing. Becky stood and splayed her hands for her in askance. "Let's prepare, and go to her." She mouthed to Becky and went on racking through the wardrobe for what to wear. "Hold on, Dee, I will be there in five." She cut the call.

"Is she okay?" Becky asked in worry.

"Yes, baby. I think we are about to have another wedding..." She quipped, whipped around and dropped a loud kiss in Becky's lips before making her way to the bed to pull on her undies.

"I just hope they mend things already..." Becky was beside her, tugging on her petticoat.

"I hope so, kittie." They finished and made their way to the door.

It wasn't long before they arrived and Daisy was still sitting in front of her vanity table, looking at herself, not knowing what to do with herself. She heard the front door open and close and started wiping her eyes with wet wipes before she stood and waited for her to open, hence hurrying into the arms of Mandy.

"Its okay, baby. You are going to be alright," Mandy stroke her back gently. "You just need to breathe in and out and everything will go back to normal. We are doing this!"

Becky giggled from behind. "After this maybe we will have a get together with everyone, what do yall think?" She inquired, hastening to the bed to sample the dress Daisy had brought out before.

"I think that's a dope idea, Kittie," Mandy agreed. "But for now, we have to prepare someone to go catch her Prince charming!" She lifted her hand and twirled it in the air hysterically and Daisy beamed at last.

They started with her makeup to her hair and down to her clothes. By the time they were fine with her, she was looking like she was ready to hit the runway.

"Are you sure you don't want us to take you there?" Mandy asked her.

"No," Daisy shook her head, smiling widely now. "I think I will have to beat this one by myself. I'm grateful that you came anyways..."

"Of course, you will always have us at your back..." Amanda declared and went to hug her once more. They accompanied her down the hall to the outside where he black Chevroket was parked out ready to leave. The doors slid open and she climbed in, and the driver zoomed out.

On her way there, her heart was beating fast. She didn't know what to expect and hoped Ethan wouldn't turn her down. What if she is too late? Maybe he had left today or even yesterday.

She shook her head, refusing to accept that. He called today, there is no way he would have left today or yesterday. "Can you drive faster?" She urged her driver, unable to bear the suspense anymore.

"Of course, ma'am," The driver accelerated the car speed in response to her command.

They drive for another twenty minutes before he arrives in the Palatial building in the middle of the city, standing tall and dwarfing every other building as though it was the god while the others it's dependents.

Once the car drove through the lawn and stopped in front of the house, she slid out with her course secured in front of her, her eyes skidding about the yard, the initial confidence she used in coming out dying immediately. She rushed back inside the car and palmed her chest.

"Are you okay, Madam?" The driver queried, twisting a little to glance at his employer.

"Yes, thank you.... Just give me a minute to recoup..." She mouthed, breathing rapidly. Her heartbeat was thunderous now and if time was not taken, she might just ask him to take her back home.

No! She climbed out again. This was Ethan not someone else. It's either he takes her back or casts her out. Either way, she would be glad she made an attempt, rather than to chicken out. After all, if he casts her out, she would deserve it. Didn't she do the same to him? She bent to address her driver. "If I don't come out in twenty minutes, you can leave."

He nodded and she stood and made her way out of the area towards the portico. She reached the front door, knocked and waited until she heard someone's footfall hurrying to it. The door swung open and standing on the other side is none other than the miss from the other day.

"Hy," She smiled, "I'm here to see Ethan."

"Okay, come in," She swayed aside for Daisy to come in, and closed the door before facing her with a welcoming smile. "Come this way..." She started walking while Daisy followed. "The problem is that you woo have to wait or probably call him because he isn't around right now."

"He has left already?" She asked him frantically. "Like New York?"

"No, ma," The maid replied as they entered the spacious living room. As she was about to sit down, the front door yanked open and she heard Ethan's voice. But he wasn't alone. His voice was accompanied by a cherry female voice.

Her heart lurched. He has moved on already?

....