Chapter 37

She stood there frozen, her legs unable to live from it's position or her ears hearing whatever the maid proceeded talking to her. Her eyes were in the direction of the entrance to the living room, waiting to see them enter.

How could he live on so fast? She was close to tears but held back, desiring nothing more than to see for herself that truly he has gotten over her.

When Ethan came in, with the lady hanging in his arm, he was stunned when he saw Daisy standing by the side of the couch looking adorable in the finest silky wear he has ever seen, and his maid saying something to her which she was obviously not paying attention to. He cursed and closed his eyes, willing her image away if it was an imagination.

He has been having silky imaginations about her since the last time they met and it wouldn't surprise him if this was one of those imaginations.

When he opened his eyes, she was still standing there, looking at him, her face comforting into a painful mask, and when he stepped closer, her body was shaking. "Daisy...?" He mouthed, and stopped.

"Who is she?" The girl he was with asked, pointing red long nails at Daisy, her face masked in a snarl.

"You are with her now?" Daisy finally found her voice to ask, the tears she had been holding in, escaping her eyes to fall down her face. "I- I thought you said you loved me and you have already moved on?" Her face fell to her hands to hide away the pain she was feeling and not allow him to see her that vulnerable.

Ethan was confused, and couldn't comprehend what she was talking about. He stood there and simply stared at her, unable to believe that this was happening. When he opened his mouth to talk, the girl came to stand by his side and held his arm in her own intimately. "Yeah, he is with me now, and who are you, bitch?" She snarled sassily, her koal painted eyes spitting fire.

"Stop it, Modella!" Ethan shut her up and withdrew his hands and moved closer. Daisy hasn't still moved.

She was trying to control her tears but it was bent on humiliating her and each effort she made, ended up in creating more mess on her face from her makeup. Eventually she gave up. After all, after today she won't see him again. Why try to hide her emotions from him? "I came here because- because I thought we still had a chance..." She tilted her head to the size and gave him a small sad smile. "And to tell you that I'm sorry for everything. I was bitter, dejected and full of contempt for you after everything you did you did to me..." She looked away to regain her balance and burst there like a child

Ethan was crushed from the enormous pain in her face and just wanted to go to her. He wanted to hold her and tell her that it was alright and that he regrets every pain he made her go through due to his insecurity. But...

"I missed you every day, Ethan," She chuckled lightly as a boo to herself. "I thought I was strong and would eventually get over you... But the first day I saw after so long, I knew I was the most stupid person ever and knew all along, I had only wasted my time..."

"Daisy..."

"I just wish we could start again, Ethan.... For Daniel, for our baby..." She touched her obscure bump and Ethan fogged brain couldn't have known anything better that would make him sober than what she said. "I want the same thing, babe..." He covered the distance.

Daisy was astonished and shared a baffled look with the girl behind. When he took her hand and kissed her knuckles, ending by looking up at her so intently, enough to freeze a lake, she had to ask, "what about her?" some he nodded behind him.

"Who?" He twisted about to eye his sister Modella..." Modella?"

"Oh, you son of a gun!" Modella screamed. "You couldn't even play boyfriend with me to make her jealous!" She folded her hands on her chest and stuck her tongue out at him.