Chapter 26

The following days were very grimed for Daisy. She didn't go to work, all she did was come down in the morning to make sure her son and Ella were prepared for the driver to take them to the kiddie's house so she could have space for herself.

She switched off her home because she didn't want anyone to reach her. All she desired was quiet and to think. She messed up. She messed up badly and she was trying to rectify her mistake. We were not supposed to make out with Ethan after everything and even when it happened the first time, she was supposed to avoid it the next time but she allowed him into her house and allowed him to touch her. Again. And this time, she allowed her feelings to spill to him, proving to him that he had power over her.

This morning, she woke up very early and sent off her companions very early so that she could attend to some personal business. It was intentional. She needed to go through the design sent by her assistant three days ago and make sure that they got the major arches in the seams. She wouldn't want anything to ruin, not even her stubbornness.

She was intentionally avoiding her office. She didn't want to look at Amanda after asking her out of her house the other night. Amanda is the only friend she had and was more than a sister to her. Oftentimes when they had an issue, it was still Amannda that came by. They had never had any issue that persisted past twenty-four hours before the latter came barreling through her door to check on her. For her not to come up to now means that this time, she crossed the line.

So the best thing was to avoid her all together.

Since she turned on her phone this morning, she has ignored all the messages that came in, and went straight to her mail where she saw the message from her assistant. Having finished, she reclined back on the chair and deliberated whether to check her messages or not. She was about to give up when the phone started ringing. It was her assistant. Now that it is ringing, she has to pick it.

"What's up?" She asked as she picked up.

"Good afternoon, ma.." The girl greeted. "How are you doing? I am calling to tell you that I'm on my way to your house and wanted to know if you will need anything.."

"Go home, Mildred, I'm not ready to see anyone.."

"'I'm already in front of your gate, sorry," The singing sound of the girl's voice pissed off Daisy but since she was already in front of her gate, she couldn't turn her out. She has already done enough harm.

It wasn't long, the front doorbell rang, and then she had to leave the study and sauntered down the hall, wrapping her Kimono around her to cover her bum shot and crop top from showcasing any part of her body.

The girl's face lit up when they landed on her. "You look well..."

"You were in front of my gate asking if I will need anything. Since when did they locate a mart in front of my gate?"

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure you are good," The girl bent backward, squeezing her face humorously. Then she extended her right hand bearing a package. "But I bought you chocolate, I heard it helps when you are moody.." Daisy had no option but to smile. Just be from Amanda.

"Come in and stop blabbing..." She trudged towards her sitting quarters. "The kitchen is in that direction.." She pointed to a door which the girl whirled and ran to.

In the living room, she turned on the TV to restore life into the room and make it look like humans actually lived there and just some depressed woman. There was nothing fun going on so she dropped the remote hoping when the little lady came she would choose what she wanted.

The lady soon returned after scooping a large quantity into a plate and a spoon. Daisy accepted it with thanks and relaxed back on the couch. She knows the mousy lady doesn't just drop by. Amanda must have sent her.