Chapter 9

The next day in the morning, after breakfast, Amanda left for the company with her lover and Daisy had to go home to change as well as attend to her son and dog before taking her to the veterinary.

On her way there, she decided to stop at the company and see what was going on because at the latest she has been away from the company due to certain things that came up.

When Amanda saw them walking into the company, she was surprised and eyed Daisy quizzically but the latter smiled, ignoring her friends' chiding glare to see the workers. She greeted everyone and enjoyed a moment touring the same grounds as though reassuring herself of all she has worked for over the years to secure.

"What are you doing here?!" Amanda came behind her, almost startling Daisy who took in steady breath and faced her friend with a biting smile.

"Can't I stop by again to see how things are going here?"

"No, not today. You are supposed to take Ella to the hospital with Daniel."

"Well, I brought him here maybe to convince you keep and_"

"C'mon, Babes, don't be like that," Amanda reprimanded her, having caught up with her sly act. "You can't keep him away from the outside forever. Just because his father is back doesn't mean he should suffer for it. I know that's why you are doing this."

"I'm not..." She lied through her teeth.

"Then take him."

"You know how he gets outside. I don't have the strength of barreling hard around the yard trying to control both of them, please." She gave Amanda poppy eyes and the latter shook her head, placing her right hand on her forehead.

"Just stop being dramatic, Daisy. You take Daniel and Ella almost everywhere, today won't be any different," She rolled her eyes. "It's because of Ethan."

Knowing that there was no way she was going to win against her friend today, Daisy exhaled and sagged her head. "Fine, then I better get going. I just rh__"

"Please, take Ella quickly, her muzzle has been drooling on the floor showing she might have caught something."

"Okay..." Daisy bounced out of the room towards her son who was squatting over a launching Ella, brushing her furs softly. He perked up when he saw his mother and ran to take her hand, "mom, can we go now? Ella is really sick!"

"Yeah, here, Ella, don't be sick..." She sang as she brushed through the beast's furs as they walked out. Amanda's lover waved at her and in return, Daisy gave her a slight smile so as not to appear rude. She might have promised to be cool with her, still, it was a slow process.

"Is she going to be alright?" Daniel asked her.

"Of course, Danny. Every living thing falls sick once in a while, that doesn't mean it will die."She dropped Ella at the back of the car and Daniel jumped in after her.

When they got to the veterinary, she came around to bring her out and as she turned, an attendant came to take Ella from her and kissed his head, repeatedly purring to him. "I will take him inside," She said to Daisy who nodded, and before she would choose the door and twist around, her son was sprinting across the yard after the nurse.

She inhaled deeply and locked the car doors and ventured after them. She was equally worried about Ella. It's all her fault that their dog is sick. If she hadn't missed his veterinary check-up at the start of the week, they would have avoided this.

However, what greeted her when she crossed the entrance nearly made her drop dead. She stood at the door with her heart in her mouth trying to process what was going on. How come?