Amanda met his gaze and made the death gesture on her neck to him. Then she mouthed. "Why did you pick him without calling?" She gestured to her ear.

He pinched his eyes close, realizing that was true. He was so busy yesterday and had the mind to tell her he was picking their son but when he later called her, she wasn't picking his damn calls. How was he supposed to tell her then?

Daisy eventually released the boy and stood up at him, "Danny go inside, I will meet you. It appears I will have to speak with your father..."

"Daisy.." He raised his hand in defense and Amanda came forward seeing the fire brewing.

"...To clarify some things..." Daisy finished and the boy turned to his father as if knowing he was in danger, smiled weakly, and dashed inside with Ella.

"Daisy I can explain..."

"Of course you will explain because this might be the last time you will see him!"

"Oh, c'mon!" He cried.

"Daisy, please hear him out..." Amanda came to touch her. "Please..."

"He took my son!" She pointed accusing fingers at him.

"I swear I didn't mean it like that. I called but you won't pick up your damn phone!" He was swearing now and it was from frustration. Daisy was doing this intentionally. She wanted to hurt him and he was very well damn hurt more than. anything. The thought of bearing her resentment was much more torture than he bear.

"I didn't pick your calls because I don't owe you a damn thing! You brought this upon yourself while blaming it on me?" She stamped every word with her finger. "If you called and I didn't pick, then you shouldn't have taken him! Did you know how scared I was?"

"I'm sorry! Okay? I'm sorry for doing that, Daisy, please, please, stop! You have done enough. What else can I do before you will forgive me? You want me dead? Then go in there, bring a knife and kill me so that you will finally be happy!"

"I will never do that! How about you just get lost and never come back into our lives?!"

"Daisy, stop, please..." Amanda implored, tugging her hand, her heart melting for Ethan despite knowing what he did was wrong. Everyone makes mistakes and if God could forgive, who are we not to?

"Stop, stop taking his side, Mandy. Did you remember when he cast me out like I meant nothing to him? Did you recall that day under the rain and with this same son he rejected, staying under that rain and shaking, thinking my life will come to an end...? So you remember?" She jabbed her finger at Amanda, tears pouring down her face. "You saw me, you saw what I went through but I can't expect you to understand when you weren't in my shoes?!"

"I understand, Dee. I am your best friend and I went through that period with you, I saw everything and I do not take his side, but I need you to calm down, please for the sake of Danny."

"I was hungry, I was rejected by the very people who were supposed to love me! He told the press I was a whore, he lied to everyone about me, ruined my life, my everything! He even lied to her!" She indicated Becky who was overpowered with emotions watching the scene before her and had joined in the rain of tears. "He lied to her that I cheated on him to get a contract, didn't you?" She was at Ethan's face at once.

"I'm sorry, Daisy. I was foolish, and deserves it but please forgive me," Ethan fell on his knees. "If I could do anything to rectify this, I swear I will."

"Oh, you can Ethan... You can start by staying away from me! Go back to your mother and leave us alone!"

"I can't do that..." He mumbled, knowing he can't even though he tried. As for going to his mother, he was very well going to go to her, but this time it's to vent his anger on her.

"Just get out!" She blared, pointed at the gate and twisted and matched to the door, leaving everyone behind. She wiped furiously at her face, slamming the front door behind her.

Amanda didn't know what to do. For the past month, Daisy has been like a snail, crawling all over the place mindlessly. She knew it had to do with Ethan but each time she brought it up, she would shun her and tell her never to bring up his name. Right now, his name was like an abomination in their household.

She didn't know what happened because last month she could swear the two of them were starting to cuddle but then one day she came to work and told her someone broke into her house and tried to steal the blueprint of their samples.

She mentioned Ethan helping her but then the next thing, she started cursing him and told her never to bring up his name again. Since then, nothing has been the same. Today when she came from the house telling her, her son had gone missing, Amanda knew that wasn't possible. She has asked for Ethan's number but Daisy told her she had deleted it.

Amanda was mad at her for doing that but held her tongue and now here they were. Whatever happened, must have been serious because even she didn't think she could do anything about it.

Ethan slowly stood up from the ground and dusted the knee of his jean trousers, his face a mask of emotions. "I'm sorry, Mandy, I know you too hate me, but you are the only one that can help me..."

"I can't do anything, I'm sorry, Ethan. You just have to heed to her and stay away for now. Maybe you can come around later but for now... Please just respect her wishes..."

He took her in for sometime, reflecting if he could stay away longer but then if it would mean that Daisy would allow him in once more, then so be it. He didn't know what changed. She was beginning to let him in, and then, she twisted around like a cobra and struck. It all started after she confessed her feelings for him, that was where the entire problem emanated from.

"Thanks," He mouthed and with one last look towards the front door, he made his way to his car, entered and zoomed out. He would keep trying. More months, more years, one day she would surely forgive him. He knew it.

Amanda went inside back to her friend to see how she was fairing. She found her in front of the liquor section as anticipated, drowning herself in alcohol.

"You know, coming to take this each time you are mad at something won't help anything. I have watched you drool around the place for the past month and I must tell you it's started to get on my nerves, Dee."

"Well, you can get out if you are tired of looking at my face..."

"Excuse me?"

"I said get out of my house if you are tired of looking at my face, what's your problem? I am sick and tired of everyone trying to tell me how to act!" Her nose flared. She snorted with a sad smile, lifted the bottle directly into her mouth and then when she dropped it, she said, "I am used to everyone leaving, Mandy, so if you also want to leave, then kick the door behind you..."

Mandy knew she was high and mad, she didn't take her words to heart despite feeling offended. She only scoffed, went to take her keys and matched to the door. "Let's get out of here, Becky..."

....