Season 2 - The Return

Start from the beginning

She finally broke down crying, it was the first time I've seen her cry so I pulled her in and hugged her for comfort. "It's okay."

Third Person's POV

After taking John to the hospital for surgery Elena rushed over to Caroline's side when he surgery was done. Bonnie was waiting outside of her room when she saw Elena coming over. "How's Caroline?" Elena asked.

"She's weak. They don't know if she's gonna make it." Bonnied replied and at this moment Damon peered around the corner eavesdropping on their conversation. "How am I going to explain this to Laura?" Elena looked at her shocked.

"Where is she anyway?" Bonnie asked and Elena just shook her head frustrated. "I don't know. I've been trying to call her the past hour but nothing." She looked at her phone. "Is there something you can do like a spell or something?" Elena turned back to Bonnie.

Before she could answer Damon stepped out and interrupted them. "She doesn't know how. Do you?" He looked at her intimidatingly. "No. I don't." Bonnied replied defeated.

"No, you don't. Because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon looked down on her but Bonnie didn't let him slide. "Yeah, well I can take down a vampire. That spell is easy to learn."

Damon turned away at her minor threat, he didn't want to get another witchy migraine again. He turned to Elena. "I can give Caroline some blood."

"No. No way." She immediately shook her head rejecting the idea. "No. Just enough to heal her. She'll be safe in the hospital, it'll be out of her system in a day. She'll be better Elena." He tried to convince her.

"It's too risky. I can't agree to that. Laura won't let this happen." Elena continued to reject the idea on behalf of her sister but mostly her owns. "Do it." Bonnie glared at Damon making the two divert their attention to her. "This is Caroline. Laura's best friend. Our best friend." She looked at Elena to convince her as well. "We can't let her die."

Elena became quiet after Bonnie's stepped in, Bonnie glared at Damon once again. "Do it." She demanded. "If I do this. You and me... call it truce." He gestured between them hoping to let bygones be bygones. "No. But you'll do it anyway. For Laura."

Bonnie then leaves Elena and Damon alone, once she was gone Damon turned to Elena to talk to her discreetly. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should probably talk about what happened tonight."

"Yeah. One of the tomb vampire got into the house and almost killed John." Damon looked at her confused. "What? What-When? What are you talking about? After I left?" He asked.

"You were there?" It was Elena's turn to be confused but Damon didn't buy it. "Come on Elena. You know I was." He rolled his head frustrated but he fake acting. "When were you at the house?"

"Really?" He glared at her but she still didn't know what he was talking about. "Earlier? On the porch? We were talking. All cathartic feelings were exposed-- come on Elena. We Kissed!" He finally came out and said it when she continued to not understand where he was getting at.

Elena was surprised and shocked, as well as disgusted and chose to ignore him. "Okay. I don't have time for this Damon." She tried to walk past him but he grabbed her arm roughly. "Hey, if you want to forget what happened, fine. I wish for the exact same thing!" He glared at her equally disgusted. Elena was speechless and looked at him in disbelief.

"Elena." At this moment Aunt Jenna rushed over to her niece as soon as she arrived, Damon quickly lets go of Elena and turned away. "I came as soon I as I got the message. Where's John? Jenna asked. Instead of answering her aunt's question Elena answered with a question. "Where were you?"