Part 2

"Stress ruins every day of your life while death ruins only one."  ~ Sherlock Holmes

A/N: This is his house.

I threw on my usual black sport coat and double-checked my gig-line in the bathroom mirror

I threw on my usual black sport coat and double-checked my gig-line in the bathroom mirror.  I learned from an early age that clothes make the man, but it takes the right man to understand how to wear them. Once I was satisfied with my look, I sprayed some cologne on my neck, just below the collar.  A pair of hands snaked around my waist as I felt something light push against my back.
"You'd look hotter in all black."  A sweet voice mumbled tiredly.
"You think everyone looks better in black, Gin,"  I replied with a light chuckle.
"It's true."
I rolled my eyes and smiled as I turned around without breaking her hold on me.  Gin was a few inches shorter than me, with pale skin, dark grey eyes, and wavy long black hair that fell past her waist.

At that moment she was wearing my old Philadelphia Eagles jersey, though I still had no idea why I kept it

At that moment she was wearing my old Philadelphia Eagles jersey, though I still had no idea why I kept it.  I pushed the questions to the recesses of my mind and focused all my attention on Gin. She hummed softly as I slid my right hand down the side of her body, letting it rest on her waist while my left hand caressed her cheek.
"Did I wake you?" I asked softly.
"Mm-mm." She mumbled as she buried her face in my chest "You're just really warm. I can tell when you're not around."
She hugged me a little tighter and purposely brushed her leg against mine.
"So I'm warm, am I?"  I asked, "Well then if you're cold, let me warm you up."
Gin yelped as I picked her up and set her down on the bathroom sink.  I roughly pulled her forward and she giggled as she wrapped her smooth legs around my lower back.  She cupped my cheeks and moaned softly as we shared a passionate kiss.
"Aren't you going to be late?"  She asked between kisses.
"I've got time." I whispered "So hush, beautiful, and let's enjoy —"
At that precise moment, my phone rattled against the vanity and I groaned as I picked it up.
"Doyle speaking." I greeted.
Gin slowly licked my neck and caused me to jump, then started kissing my jawline.
"Ah, Dazai!" I said nervously "How are you?  I thought YOU - you were in the middle of a suicide attempt?"
She then grabbed my hand and provocatively slid it under my jersey. I blushed when she moaned quietly into my ear as my thumb brushed against her breast.
"A test?"  I asked, suddenly interested in Dazai's plan "Are you sure he's up for it?"
Gin pouted when I wouldn't give her my full attention and started storming out of the bathroom.  I reached over and grabbed her wrist just as she put one foot out the door.  I spun her around and pulled her body against mine as I kissed her passionately.
"I'm still here Dazai."  I replied as Gin kissed my neck "I understand.  I'll be there soon."
I ended the call and sighed loudly as I looked down at Gin.
"Early morning?" She asked while tracing circles on my chest with her finger.
"Unfortunately, yes." I replied disappointedly "We found a promising young man the other night and President Fukuzawa wants to test him."
"You better get going then.  Don't want to keep Dazai waiting."
She gave me one last kiss and giggled as she walked away.
"It's too bad you can't show this side of yourself more often." I called after her "I rather like it."
"If Ryunosuke saw this side of me, it wouldn't take him long to figure out our little secret."  Gin replied.
I stepped out of the bathroom and silently watched as she took off my jersey and tossed it on the bed.  She noticed me and folded her arms across her chest.
"What are you doing?"  She asked.
"Just admiring the view, love," I replied innocently.
Gin smirked and threw a rag at my face.
"Admire the view after work!"  She laughed "Now get going or you're gonna be late!"
"Okay, okay, I'm going."  I relented "I love you."
Gin smiled warmly and a light pink glow radiated from her cheeks.
"I love you too."  She replied.
As I shut the door behind me, I looked back fondly.  Gin and I had been dating for a year and a half, all the while keeping our relationship hidden from our coworkers and her brother.  I made my way down the stairs and into the garage where I parked my bike.  I put on my helmet and turned on the ignition, then drove towards HQ. 
"The Test."  I muttered, "It'll be the first one since I joined."
The Test was a rite of passage a select few had to pass to join the Agency.  When I underwent my Test, I was honestly surprised.  Yosano played the role of a deranged woman who was convinced she and Dazai were meant to be.  She had knocked Kunikida unconscious and had a blade against his throat by the time Dazai and I arrived.  When it was all over, I truly grasped how terrifying Yosano could be. The woman was as good an actress as she was a doctor. Just the slightest thought of seeing her as she was that day sent chills down the back of my neck. I pulled to a stop outside of the Agency headquarters and went upstairs.  As I opened the door, I nearly walked right into Naomi, who was carrying what appeared to be a very large bomb.  Naomi was a teenage girl; about sixteen or seventeen to be exact.  She had her long black hair done up in a stylish cut with the bangs swept to the side. She wore a standard seifuku with a long skirt that stopped just above her knees and black socks that came to the middle of her calves. Her most prominent feature was the beauty mark under her left eye.