Chapter 22

Previously on Chapter 21

He looks scary... I start shaking a bit. But shake my head. No... don't be scared, Y/N... he's Gaara... he's my Gaara. I promised him that I wouldn't be afraid of him... that I will always be there for him. I can't break that promise.

I have to help him...

-Battle Against Gaara-

Y/N P.O.V

Gaara is about to attack Sasuke, who's laying on his stomach. I can see blood oozing out of his mouth. He must have used the Chidori more than he should.

I use my speed and jump in front of Sasuke. Sword in my hand as I cut Shukaku's hand in half. He pulls his hand back and scream in pain. "You brat!!! How dare you!" He screams at me. "Gaara... I know you're still in there... please... don't let him control you. You have to fight back! It's your body, not his!" I said.

Gaara clutches his head. His eyes slowly turning back to normal. "Y/N... you have to run... I can't control him... he's too strong... please... I don't want to hurt you..." he pleads. I shake my head rapidly. "I gave you a promise, didn't I? That I will always be there for you... and I plan on holding onto that... I'm not going anywhere! I'll always be there for you... even if my life is on the line!" I said. Then his eyes turns back to Shukaku's eyes "oh how sweet! Maybe I'll make your death less painful..." Shukaku said in a sinister voice. I tighten my hands on my sword. He starts to attack me again. This time I jump back.

I land on a branch above. "Gaara! Fight back! You have to... please..." I beg, tears starts brimming in my eyes. "Shut up!!! This boy won't stand a chance against me!" He screams. "He's not weak! I know he's not!" I scream back.

Saphira... lend me your strength... I said. As much as you need... she said. Then I can feel her power flowing through me. Slowly I start to change.

His sand starts to attack me again

His sand starts to attack me again. This time I fly high, out of his reach. I stay high in the air. "Why do you keep on running?? I thought you want to help your precious boyfriend?" He said. I ignore his comment. I open my mouth and starts blowing fire at him. He covers his face with his hands.

"Now you're getting on my nerve! Come down here and fight... or are you scared?" He said in a taunting voice. "Not at all..." I said. Then a dive down with a fast pace and raise my sword, that have grow in size and strength.

This time I got hit and lose balance. His hand shot out and pinned me against the tree. I groan in pain as I try to break free. But the harder I try, the harder the grip. Slowly I start to lose consciousness. Then everything turns black.

I can feel myself falling. Then someone caught me. I get laid on the ground gently. Slowly I open my eyes, to see a pair of blue eyes. "Naruto..." I said. "You're okay, right?" He asks. I nod my head. Then I notice his forehead is bleeding.

"What happened to your forehead?" I asks. He point towards a certain direction. My eyes turns to where he's pointing at, to see Gaara. My eyes widened as I sprung up to my feet and run towards him.

"Don't come any closer, Y/N... I've hurt you... I could hurt you again..." he said. I shake my head and keep running towards him. I pick him up and cradle him in my arms. His head on my shoulder. I buried my face on his neck. "You're okay... I'm so glad you're okay... don't scare me like that again..." I cried. He seems hesitate at first, then he raise his hand and place it on my head. "I'm okay..." he whispers. I just cried harder.

"Why did you keep coming to me... when you knew you could've gotten hurt... or worse... I could've kill you..." he said, pulling away from me. I shake my head and cups his cheeks. "I made you a promise... that I will always be there for you, didn't I?" I said. He nods his head and pulls me into another hug. "I am glad you're okay, Y/N... if something would've happened to you. I won't be able to forgive myself... you've become someone very important to me..." he said. I smile to myself as I hug him tighter.

"Come and live with me in Sunagakure, Y/N..." he said suddenly. I pull away instantly. "W-what?" I asks, looking at him wide-eyed. "Come with me... live with me in Sunagakure..." he said, clearer this time. "I'm gonna have to talk to the Hokage for a permission... I can't just leave..." I said. He just nod his head. "Okay... I'm going to wait... promise me you'll ask him?" he said. I nod my head and smile at him.

Temari and Kankuro came. They each slung Gaara's arm across their shoulder. "Thank you, Y/N... for being there for me... I love you..." he said. His older siblings stare at him wide-eyed. Then they start to smile slowly. They turn to me. "Thank you, Y/N..." Temari said. "I'll see you next time, Y/N..." Kankuro said. I smile at them and wave as they jumps away.

Gaara P.O.V

"Temari... Kankuro... I'm sorry... for everything..." I said, with my head down. I can feel their shock gaze on me. I turn my head to look at them. They each have a smile on their face.

"It's okay, Gaara..." Temari said. I turn to Kankuro. He smiles at me and nod his head. "You're forgiven, Gaara... seems like she changed you, huh?" he said. "Yeah... yeah she did..." I said. "Then she must be someone important to you..." Temari said. I nod my head. "She is very important to me... I'll protect her with my life... I love her so much..." I said. They each have a soft smile on their face.

I vow to protect her with my life... no harm would come to her as long as I'm around

*to be continued*