Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

"Alright... I'll start cooking then..." I said. "Okay!!!" He said, cheerfully. This make me roll my eyes at him. Then I head to the kitchen to start cooking for dinner.

-Let Me Help You-

Y/N P.O.V

I woke up in the middle of the night. I try to go back to sleep, but I couldn't sleep again... I'm too awake. I let out a sigh and decide to just take a stroll around the village.

I change my clothes into my usual ninja outfit. Then I walk out of my house. I plane my hands inside my pocket and start walking around.

I sense something from a far. So I jump up from roof to roof, trying to be silent so I don't wake anyone up. I start making my way to where I sense the chakra. I stop about a few buildings away.

I can see Gaara and Dosu. Gaara's sand hits Dosu, sending him backward. "Skulvakas Ven..." I said. I don't see any chakra flow inside Dosu's body, which lets me know that he's dead. My hand went to my mouth.

Should I approach him, Saphira? I asks. I don't know... up to you... she said. Mm... maybe I should... I wanna know why he would kill Dosu I said.

Then I jump closer to him. He turns to me when I landed in front of him. "Y/N..." he said in a hush tone. "I saw what you did... why did you kill him?" I asks. "It doesn't matter... why do you care anyway?" he said in a cold tone. "Yes it does! Why is it so easy for you to end someone's life?? And of course I care! Everyone deserves to live... you can't just take that away..." I yell at him. He stayed silent as he keeps on staring at me. I can see the same loneliness in his eyes. The ones I've always been seeing in him.

"Gaara..." I said, walking towards him. His sand blocks my path. I can sense something from it. I reach out and touch the sand. My eyes turned light shade of blue as I can see a woman.

"W-who are you?" I said. She looks up at me in shock. "I'm Karura... Gaara's mother..." she said. "Um... hello... I'm L/N Y/N..." I said. "I know..." she said. "So you're the one that's living inside Gaara's sand... protecting him..." I said. She nods her head. Then her form disappears. I can see Gaara again.

"Gaara... I wanna help you... will you let me?" I asks. He just stay silent. I reach out, this time the sand did not stop me. Slowly I walk towards Gaara.

"Close your eyes Gaara... let me in... show me your pain... let me feel them... let me help you..." I said softly. Seeing as he didn't move, I place my hand on his cheek and he closes his eyes.

Slowly I close my eyes as I focus on his mind, trying to get inside. He resists... not letting me in. "Trust me, Gaara..." I said in a soft tone. He relaxes in my touch. Now he lets me in. I can see flashing images of him in his younger self.

1st Image

Gaara is holding a knife as he tries to stab his hand. But the sand is stopping him from doing so. I can see the frustration look in his face. Then a blond guy appear and told him what he's doing. Gaara told him that he wants to know what pain feels like.

2nd Image

Gaara is sitting on the porch of what seem to be a roof. Then suddenly a bunch of kunais and shurikens attacks him. The sand covering him from it. Then he turns around to see a masks man. Who turns out to be his uncle, who he thoughts genuinely cares about him.

3rd image

A ball was kicked his way. He picked it up and look up to see kids his age stop in their tracks when they realize who he is.

"Run! It's the monster!" One of the kids said and they all run away. Gaara drops the ball and I can see the tears flowing down on his cheeks. "Why... why does everyone hates me? What did I ever do? Why...." his voice is so broken, as he crouched down and starts to cry more.

End of Flashing Images

That's when I stopped looking though his memories. I can't handle it anymore. That's why he's been so cold. Everyone he actually cares for have all betrayed him, left him alone to deal with everything... treats him like he's a monster for something his father did... placing the one-tailed beast, Shukaku inside him.

I open my eyes and he did the same. He stares into my eyes as a couple of tears falls from his eyes. Tears starts to stream down my cheeks as I hug him.

"Oh Gaara... I'm so sorry that you have to go through all that... everyone in your past have treated you so horribly... now I know why you're acting like this... you're scared to trust anyone, don't you... you don't want to feel pain anymore, right? Is that why you act so cold?" I said. I can feel him nod his head, that's leaning on my shoulder.

I hug him tighter. "Don't worry Gaara. You have to know that you're not alone anymore... I will always be there for you when you needs me... I promise you that..." I said, crying softly on his shoulder. My heart clenching painfully on my chest. No one deserved to be treated the way those people have treated Gaara.

Slowly I can feel his arm snaking around my waist. I can feel droplets of tears falling on my shoulder. I don't care if my shirt got soaked by his tears. I can tell that he's still trying to hold back. I caress his hair softly.

"Don't keep it in anymore.... just let it out, Gaara... let it all out... it's okay..." I whispers. Soon his sobs starts to grow louder. I caress his hair softly, letting him let all the pent up emotion out. He hugs me tighter as if his life depends on me.

After he calms down, he still hadn't let me go... as if he's showing his fear to me. "D-don't leave me... Y/N..." he whispers. "I won't..." I replied. He pulls away slightly so he could look at me. "Promise?" He said. He looks into my eyes.

Gaara P.O.V

"D-don't leave me, Y/N..." I whispers. This girl is the only one I want. I love her and I don't want to lose her. I have to make her mine.

"I won't..." she said. I pull away "Promise?" I asks. "I promise, Gaara... I'll always be there for you..." she said. I look into her eyes and all I can see is her sincerity. I pull her into a another hug. I don't ever wanna let her go.

Y/N P.O.V

He pulls away and pulls me into a kiss. I froze before relaxing and kisses him back. I can feel the emotions he have. Pain... loneliness... sadness... anger... and so much more.

He pulls away and leans his forehead against mine. "I... I love you... Y/N..." he whispers, hesitantly as if he's afraid that I'll leave. I smile softly at him "I love you too, Gaara... you're not alone... not anymore..." I said. He smiles and hugs me.

*to be continued*