Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

The fight between Naruto and him gives me enough time to recharge my energy a little, but I still feel so tired. But I have to hold on and fight him. So I stand up in a battle stance. Orochimaru clicks his tongue in annoyance. "Never mind... the Uchiha will do the trick... I'll get you next time, Y/N-Chan..." he said and disappear. Exhaustion got into me and I fall into darkness.

-The Sound Ninjas-

Y/N P.O.V

I open my eyes and groans in pain. Gosh... I used up too much chakra on my eyes technique. I move to sit up and look around me. I realize I'm inside of what seem to be a cave tree.

I turn to my side to see Sasuke and Naruto. Then I look forward. I can see Lee laying on the ground, unconscious. 'What's happening? I thought to myself.

I turn to see Sakura with blood running down her forehead. She's being punch repeatedly by a guy. I look at his head to see a sound headband. I clench my fist, how dare he hurt my friend.

I stand up and grab my sword. "Sakura, move out of the way! I'll handle him" I yell out. The guy stands up, ready to fight me. I run towards him and slash my sword at him. He dodge each time. Then out of no where, he points his hand at me. The next thing I know is I'm being blown away to a tree. I can feel a branch puncturing me from behind. I force myself to remove the branch.

Then I drop on my knees, the pain on my back is too much. I place my sword on the ground to help me get up. But I can't, because my back is hurting too much. There's so much blood flowing out of me, this makes me slowly losing consciousness.

Ino, Shikamaru and Choji appears to helps us. They stand in front of me protectively. Ino performs her mind transfer jutsu on the girl. She threaten them, but resulting a punch on her cheek. Ino's real body start to bleed out on the lips.

"Ino... get out of there! It's too dangerous... these guys don't care about their comrade... you'll only get yourself killed!" I scream out. She nods her head and went back to her body.

I can feel presence on top of a tree so I look up. I see Neji and Tenten. "Lee..." Tenten said, looking at Lee. "Looks like you have made it our fight... you beat up out comrade..." I said. Then I feel a strange chakra. I turn my head to see Sasuke slowly standing up. Half of his body is covered in strange marks.

"But it seems like we won't be your opponent..." Neji said. Sasuke looks forward, then at me. "Who did it to you?" He asks. His expression scares me. Then he turns to the others. "Who dare to hurt my princess?" He ask again.

"That would be me..." the guy that blown me away said. "You'll pay for hurting my Y/N..." he said. He lunged forward.

"Fire style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" Sasuke said, blowing out fire. The guy raise his hand, he blows the fire away... only to reveal shuriken in them. He got hit by it. Sasuke appears behind him. Holding him by the arms, with his leg on his back.

"You seem to be so attached with these arm... let's see how you'd do without them..." he said. Then he starts pulling on them. A horrifying crack can be heard. I gasps as my hand went to my mouth. He turns towards the other guy and starts walking to him.

I ignore the pain on my back and run towards him. "Sasuke stop!" I said. "Y/N... move... these people have hurt you... I won't forgive them..." he said. I shake my head and hug him. "This isn't you... this isn't the Sasuke I know..." I said. The marks slowly return back to the curse mark on his neck. Then he fall back. I cradle him in my arms.

The sound Ninjas retreated, leaving us their scroll. I clutch my back as I feel my blood soaking my shirt. Sasuke turns to me and his eyes widened. "Y/N.... you're losing too much blood..." he said. My eyes starts to get blurry. "No... don't close your eyes... focus, Y/N... focus on me!" He said, in panicked. I raise my hand and place it on the wound. "Waise... heill" I said, in a weak voice... using the remaining chakra I have left. The wound starts to close up. Once it healed, I fall into darkness.

Time-skip

I wake up to feel myself being carried. I open my eyes and look up. Sasuke looks down at me and smile. "I'm so glad you're alive..." he said. I smile at him. "Can you put me down, now?" I asks. "Are you sure you can walk?" He asks. I nod my head. "Hm... okay..." he said, then he leans down... placing me on my feet.

He slowly lets me go, but still on an arm reach. I take a deep breath and try to take a step, but stumble. But before I could land on the ground, Sasuke caught me "you're not fit enough... let me carry you..." he said. I just stay silent as he picks me up once again.

"We have the two scroll we need. So we could head to the tower now..." he said. I nod my head. Then we make our way to the tower.

When we get there. We observe the room. There are signs on the wall. "Well... I'm guessing we should open the scrolls now..." I said. Sasuke looks down at me. "Then we're going to need that scroll now..." he said. "Put me down then..." I said. He nods his head and place me on my feet. This time I'm a lot steadier.

I outstretch my hand and spread it, a portal opens. I summon the scroll and it flies out. I grab it and turn to Sasuke.

"On three..." he said. I nod my head "one... two..." I start. "Three!" Sasuke/I said simultaneously. Then smokes starts to appear. We toss it to the floor and someone appears.

"Iruka-Sensei!" I said in shock. Then he starts to talk about a lot of things. But I zone out a while after he starts talking. Then he escorts us to a room. I turn to Iruka-Sensei and bow. He smiles at me and went off.

I take a seat, leaning my back against the wall. Then Sasuke walks towards me. He takes a seat next to me and turn to me with a smile. "Are you feeling okay now?" He asks. I nod my head. Then we sits there in silent.

Then I feel a hand on top of mine. I look down at the hand then turn to Sasuke. "Um..." I start, not sure on what to say. "Y/N... about what I've said before this phase..." he said, referring to his confession. "Yeah... about that..." I said. "Do... you have the answer for me?" He asks. "I Uh... Um..." I start, how do I tell him. I don't wanna hurt his feelings.

He gives my hand a light squeeze as he wait for my respond. I look down and take a deep breath in and out. "I-I'm sorry... I... don't like you... that way. To me you're just a good friend... I like you... but as a friend..." I said. I turn my head to look at him. My heart dropped when I see the dejected look on his face.

"Then who do you like?" He asks. "I don't know... I don't think I like anyone at the moment..." I said. I steal a glance towards Gaara and realize he's looking at me. I quickly looks away, hoping Sasuke wouldn't notice. But he did...

Sasuke P.O.V

'Gaara... he's the one she likes, right? What did she even see in him?! That guy is so strange...' I thought to myself, glaring at Gaara.

Gaara P.O.V

Why did I feel relieved when I found out she doesn't like him back. Does this mean I like her? Do I really like Y/N... well... I have to admit that she's different and seeming kind. I guess... that could only mean one thing...

I'm falling in love with Y/N...

*to be continued*