"Ashamed of what?"

"...can't I tell you this from inside?"

"No. You tell me right where you are or I'm calling Eiji to come get me and I'm taking all my shit."

He can hear the distinct noise of Shouto's breath catching in his throat and the subtle noise of his clothes against the door as he sinks down to sit on the floor on the other side.

"Don't. Please. I'll do whatever you ask---"

"Then start talking. Quickly, before I decide I can handle this shit anymore."

"Okay---okay." Shouto says, more to himself that to Katsuki. He's trying to psych himself up, to rid his own anxieties.

"So...Sora and I were supposed to get married. It was a deal between our families---an arranged marriage. My father would get the perfect heir and her father would get a share of the Endeavor agency. Janky shit from a right bunch of pretentious fucks. But Sora was my friend so I stayed quiet."

Katsuki doesn't have anything to say, shaking fingers curling around the toilet seat.

"The more I began to understand what their deal was, the more sick it made me. Disgusted, even. I loved Sora dearly as a friend but the thought of her being my wife and bearing my child bothered me to my core. I told them how I felt and everything just went bloody tits up from there.

I was around thirteen when they started to tell me that I needed to have sex with her-only three years after they'd made the arrangement official. Told me I had to start giving him the fruit of his labor. That I had to do my part or our family would fail. Obviously that was a right crock of shit but as you might be able to guess, the penalty for defying him was to be beaten. So I gave in."

Katsuki, admittedly, is having a hard time processing this information. He knew that Endeavor was a monster but Christ in a hand basket, what the fuck?

"I didn't want to hurt her, so I did promise that I'd be gentle but she wanted more and every few days I was forced to fuck her and pretend like I fucking loved her while I just spent my days in self-loathing with pure hatred for my father and for hers festering deep inside of me."

Katsuki thinks that he may just be gaining a proper understanding of this.

"So then you ghosted her and got with me second year."

"I didn't ghost her. My father called off the engagement after Sora failed to get pregnant under the accusation that she and her father wouldn't be able to keep up their end of the deal. After that, my father continued to try and arrange different marriages with girls. He didn't know at that time that I...wasn't completely interested in women."

Which means that by that time, he and Katsuki had already begun seeing each other.

Does that mean...?

"And did you fuck them, too?"

"....Katsuki."

Katsuki kicks the door angrily.

"Answer me, Shouto!"

A long, pregnant pause.

"Some of them, yeah. Yeah I did."

Katsuki's throat is beginning to hurt from trying to hold in his tears, vision blurry as he chokes on a sob.

"How long? How long were we together before you stopped fucking them?"

A long, suffering sigh. Shouto sniffles from the other side of the door.

"Six months, maybe. No more than that, baby, I swear."