𝐱𝐱. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

Comenzar desde el principio

"Alright, Ill be off!" Airi slid open the front doors and turning around.

"Stay safe, Airi-chan!" Emi waved excitedly.

"Always!~" Airi replied, waving and leaving the house with a light shut of the door.

——•——

"Hey...Jin, do you know anything about people crying blood? Or communicating in dreams?" Airi asked her messenger crow, tilting her head.

"I've been around for a long time, Hanata-sama, but I cannot say I know much about blood tears or dream communication." Her crow, called Jin, replied, flying elegantly by her side.

"Ah, well it was worth a shot." Airi smiled warmly before proceeding to walk to the city of Asakusa.

"I do know something, though. There's a library in Asakusa that has Demon Slayer Corps literature. Most people read them as myths, but we very much both know they're all true. The section where those books reside...might have something you're looking for." Her crow replied, bowing his head. His voice was very posh and mature.

"Perfect! Show me where it is when we get there! I'll act like you're my pet crow so people don't look at us." Airi giggled, nearly jumping up and down. She seemingly had a hop in her step after that moment.

"I think we might have folk looking at us anyway. You are quite the sight to see, compared to fashion this era. Ke Ke Ke." He cawed.

"Ah, you must be right. I'll wrap my scarf around my head, then." Airi proceeded to wrap her head in her lightweight white scarf she brought, looking a little less noticeable. She figured less people would look in her direction that way.

If anyone asked, she concluded that she was a circus master. Circuses existed, right?

The moment had arrived when Airi reached the outskirts of the city of Asakusa. Buzzing cars, thousands of people running around, dogs barking, children crying. It was certainly a different sight compared to where she grew up. It was incredibly modern.

"So, Tanjiro saw Kibutsuji here..." Airi whispered to herself, admiring the lights in the city. She curiously looked at the cars that went by, for she had never seen one in person, only in Japanese literature.

She was in awe. She adapted to the city life very quickly by making conversations, waving to young children, and getting the latest gossip. Children were especially excited about the crow that appeared on Airi's shoulder.

In contrast to her nearly mute past self as a child, Airi is very social. She recognized how much people loved her, especially her friends, and she grew confident in that regard.

A very special individual convinced her to realize that.

After many children questioning her circus abilities, Jin guided her to a secluded library bestowed upon the outskirts of the city.

It was small, and there was a single set of stairs that led up to the front entrance. Airi hid her Nichirin blade under her haori, and proceeded to step quietly into the library.

It was quite dusty initially, and there was barely any light. However, there was a middle-aged woman sitting at the front desk of the dimly lit frontier.

"A-Ah, hello!" She greeted with a sweet smile. She was sitting on a janky wooden stool.

"Hi there, I'm a passing traveler who's interested in literature. May I take a look around?" Airi asked politely, approaching the front desk and smiling kindly.

The dark haired woman nodded, "Of course, ma'm! I haven't had a visitor in ages, so please take a look around!"

"Thank you so much! If you don't mind me asking, where can I find mythical literature?"