"Hey, secrets aren't nice!" Nova yelled out.

"Nova, you have to be quiet. The bad guys are out there." Cade said calmly.

She gasped, "I'm sorry Cadie! I won't do it again!"

"Cadie?" I asked sassily.

Cade glared at me. Right, not the time for jokes.

I bent down to Nova, "Cade's right. Soon I'm going to pick you up and Me, you and, Cade are going to go somewhere special."

"Oh, like hide and seek," she said.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed.

"We need to go, Eve," Cade said urgently.

I nodded and mentally prepared myself.

"Ready?" I asked Nova.

She nodded pretending to lock her lips and throw the key away. I smiled and picked her up. She promptly wrapped her legs around my waist. I nodded to Cade and we both sprinted out of the back flap of the tent.

I was rather sure nobody saw us, but I didn't slow down and neither did Cade. He was much faster than I was with the extra weight of Nova but I didn't care. It was easier for him to lead that way.

Nova hadn't said a word so far and I was thankful for that. I knew there were bound to be guards out here.

Soon enough we were running into the woods. I was getting tired and I knew I couldn't run much longer. Thankfully, Cade stopped running.

"We can stop running now. There are no guards or cameras in here. They're always sent her to patrol, but are too scared because of the snakes." Cade scoffed.

"Snakes!" Nova exclaimed.

Cade laughed, "You'll be fine Nova. Evie and I will protect you from the snakes, isn't that right shortie?"

I nodded biting the inside of my cheek. Why did it sound hot when he called me Evie?

"We have a bit of a walk from here. I'm sure exactly how long, but I'm guessing a few miles at the least."

I set Nova down when she began to squirm.

"I don't wanna walk that much. It'll hurt my feet. And I'm hungry."

I tuned out of Nova's babbling and began to walk alongside Cade. I couldn't believe what was happening. Now was the first moment I had to process it. I still didn't even know if my parents were alive. Sure, they weren't the best, but they were still the people that raised me. They were my parents. If they were dead who was gonna walk me down the aisle? Who was gonna spoil my kids? Who was going to show me how to be a mother? Tears streamed down my face.

I looked over at Cade and he gave me a sad smile. He knew how I felt.

"Evie-Weavie, are you crying because your mummy and daddy are in Heaven too?"

I looked down at Nova and full out sobbed. She launched herself into my arms and cried too.

"I miss my mummy," she said.

" I know," I said pulling away and wiping my tears, "But we have to be strong like our moms right now Nova."

She grinned as I wiped her tears, "My mummy was so smart and strong. Even my daddy was afraid of her sometimes." said Nova.

Cade laughed, "I'm scared of Eve sometimes."

I glared at him, "Did I ask for your opinion?"

His eyes widened, "Noted."