[ 14. ]

Todoroki couldn't get the Charity Ball out of his mind. He was so distracted by how Asami looked, he could barely focus on his tasks at hand. Fighting was slower, but he was still insanely skilled. His father even pointed it out. Which garnered some further resentment.

Asami found herself responding less and less to Kenta. Even if he was becoming more and more demanding. She would dance alone in the house, scroll through opening for a sidekick position, but nothing would pop up.

One day, Todoroki came home early. Asami was folding some clothes, humming softly to herself. The light caught against her soft pink shirt, illuminating her bright features.

"Saito," Todoroki started, clearing his throat. Asami turned around quickly, breaking into a light smile.

"You're back early! An easy day?" She asked.

Their conversations hadn't changed much. Everything was simpler, though. Todoroki came home early for a reason. He was curious about Asami, about her quirk. He had only caught glimpses of it through her emotion.

"Yes," he responded plainly and then leaned against the door. "I have a request— erm— proposition."

Asami set down the clothes she was folding, standing with her hands together in front of him. "Go on, then."

"Would you like to train with me?"

Truthfully, he didn't need extra training. Well, that was a lie. One could always use extra training. The point was, he wanted to watch her work. She seems so kind and bubbly, her quirk couldn't be that intense, could it?

Asami's face exploded into excitement. She didn't even respond coherently, running into her closet. She was flinging our clothes and took out a small suitcase. Todoroki felt his eyebrows furrow and she pulled out a strange looking, reinforced suit.

"The answer is yes! A thousand times!"

Todoroki felt a small smile on his features. She was rushing around, gathering everything she could for this venture. He wasn't going to lie, he was extremely intrigued. Todoroki decided to drive them to the training facility.

It was a completely empty building, somewhat secret to the public. The technology inside was impressive. Endeavor had poured hundreds of thousands of dollars to train his children, to make them the best they could be.

"Let me change, alright?" Asami said, moving toward the bathrooms. Todoroki nodded and waited on some benches.

It didn't take long. During the brief moments of peace, Todoroki glanced around the place that had become such a pain to him. The endless hours of training, practicing, pushing his body to the limit. Yet, she was excited to be there.

When's the last time she's fought?

Todoroki had his hands clasped together, when he heard boots against the concrete. It hit him then. He knew who she was. He had seen her picture before. She was one of the top students at a rival hero school. A private one. She had secured top internships.

Then, she vanished. No one got to see her quirk in action.

Asami had pulled her hair back into a high ponytail. She had glasses on that shielded her eyes with a tint. She had a heavy suit that was dark grey and black in color. Her boots were plastered with metal and spikes, used to plant her body down. There were metal reinforcements around each of her joints.