[ 12. ]

Todoroki had collected his suit and was mentally preparing for the inevitability of his father's plan. It had been several weeks, even more than that. It was going on two months. He had tried his best to look as nice as possible. All of his father's friends, coworkers, and even more people he had no idea about.

Is the media going to be there? He wondered to himself. He was waiting in the living area for Asami. He just had to say something nice to her and that was it. He had seen a small sliver of the dress in her closet. A deep blue. He got to his feet beginning to pace. 

"Todoroki? Are you ready?"

He looked up from the ground. Her black hair was braided into some sort of updo on her head, with pearls woven in. Her dress reflected her eyes perfectly. He was at the point of no return. Todoroki had to ignore the heat that spread from his chest to his face.

"Yes, Saito," he said.

Asami had spent all day preparing for the event. She wasn't prepared to face everyone as Hajime Asami. She wore her mother's pearl necklace, which she only saved for special events. She had stared at herself in the mirror for quite a long time, trying to recognize the person she had become.

She wasn't the confident, top of her class hero she once was. She was timid, meek, and everything she vowed she would never become after her mother's death. Asami had ignored her reality for a couple of weeks, caught up with Kenta and her growing friendship with Todoroki.

Yet, here she was. Plunged deep into the thicket of it all. She tried to wipe away the tears that rolled down her face while she applied lipstick. They would have to put on a show. So she was going to give them a show.

When she saw glimpses of Todoroki, he didn't look much different. He was stiffer in a suit, much more robotic than he usually was. Did he try something different with his hair? It's cute he tried. She shook the thought out of her head. Cute? No, stop.

She walked up to him, while he stood there silently, gently tucking his collar that had popped out.

"Thanks," Todoroki said quietly.

"It's my duty," Asami responded with.

Todoroki extended his elbow to her. She snaked her dainty arm around his. He felt like he had caught a fever, her perfume filled his senses giving him a sick feeling. Todoroki was actively trying not to look down at her. Why did she have to look so beautiful tonight?

Asami gripped tightly to his arm as they made their way to the car. The chauffeur opened the door, nodding his head to the both of them. Asami said thank you audibly, while Todoroki gave a nod of appreciation.

The Charity Event was going to be held at a huge building in the middle of the city. Even though Endeavor was never the flashiest hero, he was known for his events. That's where he put the most money. Trying to bolster the public's appreciation of him.

Cameras and reporters gathered outside as hero after hero emerged. They were hounded with flashes. There were many pro-heroes that Asami recognized and many she had idolized. But, that wasn't why she was there. She was determined to keep up a calm and collected facade.

They waited in the line of cars as each hero began exiting.

"Be ready," Todoroki said to Asami, pulling her from her nervous thoughts.