Chapter 9

I awoke once the clouds had cleared out and the sun rays were piercing the window shades. Sensei was still sleeping, I tried not to move so that I wouldn't wake him. He had an arm resting on me and his head reclined on his other arm. He doesn't look like a teacher when he's sleeping like this. So cute... I was surprised at myself for having such thoughts about this idiot. But he somehow looks like a child, not much older than me. I smiled and blushed.

I stared at Sensei's lips and wondered. What would happen if I kissed him? Would it be as magical as the magazine described? I slowly got closer to him, fixing my eyes on his lips. Almost... Just a bit closer...

As my eyes began to close and my lips were nearly on his, Sensei's eyes suddenly opened. They widened as he saw me so close to him. I could feel my face flush and I threw a pillow at his face, getting up from the couch.

"Wh-what was that for?" Sensei said in shock.

"No-nothing! Idiot!"

"Why am I the idiot?!"

"Because you are!"

"Jeez..." Sensei rubbed his face from the sudden awakening.

He then got up and walked over to the kitchen counters. "What do you want to eat? I've got plain cereals and white bread."

"Cereal." I answered, pouting from my failed attempt.

"Have you forgotten the magic word again?" he teased.

"...please." So annoying...

Sensei set a cereal bowl for me down on the table and came back not much later with a coffee mug and some bread, sitting across me.

"How come you didn't offer me coffee?" I asked, staring at his mug.

"You're too young for it. You probably wouldn't like it anyways."

"How would you know?"

"Fine. Take a sip." Sensei slid the coffee mug across the table, offering me some.

I picked the mug up and set it back down, noticing the heat.

"Careful, it's hot."

"I know. You don't need to say it."

Sensei smirked, waiting for a reaction. Even if I don't like it, I can't show it. Just to prove myself right against this man.

I picked up the mug once again and blew at the coffee, trying to cool it down. I slowly tilted the mug, letting the liquid fall into my mouth.

"Bleh!" I stuck my tongue out as soon as I took a sip. How do adults drink this? It tastes like melted poop.

"Bitter, isn't it?" He smirked victoriously, "I told you you weren't going to like it."

"That's not true!"

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow, doubting my lie, "Then would you like to finish that?" I remained silent as he stared at me with a smug grin.

"Fine. You win." I gave in. This man is as stubborn as a mule and probably as dumb as one too.

"Can I ask you something?" I looked up at Sensei, putting the spoon down. "I've been wondering... but how did you go though the health exams without anyone noticing your bruises?"

"Make-up." I gave a short and clear answer. "It isn't that hard. After all, most of the examiners are idiots."

"Idiots?" he seemed to have taken it personally, "They're your teachers."

"Ba-ka-shi-ma."

I stuck my tongue out to make fun of him and he kicked me under the table. I kicked him back and ran away from him as he chased me through his small apartment. I kept making fun of him as he chased me until he finally cornered and caught me. I fell onto the couch and Sensei took advantage of my vulnerability to tickle me. I couldn't stop laughing and my eyes started tearing.

"Stopahahaha!" I tried pushing him off but my laughter prevented my from moving.

He then fell beside me onto the couch and we both sighed from tiredness.

"Hey Sensei, how come there's no girl living with you?"

"I'm not allowed to discuss my private life with my students."

"Hmm... How boring." I then grinned. "Hey Sensei~"

"Hm?"

"Is it true that you're a virgin?"

"Huh?!" he flushed and shot back up. "Where did you hear that?!"

"Everyone from our class is saying you are." I said just to annoy him.

"Really? Even them?" he looked disappointed. "Eh? M-more importantly, do you know even know what that means?"

"I read about it online after you told me about that."

"You're not supposed to be reading about those things yet..."

"Don't worry, Sensei. I haven't looked at anything bad."

"Anyways," he said trying to change the subject. "What's your favorite food?"

"Hm?" Why is he asking this? "Ice-cream."

"Okay then! Go get dressed, and I'll treat you to some."

"Really?!" I jumped onto his lap.

"Yeah." He smiled.

I smiled back in dibelief. Alright!! I ran back into Sensei's room and got dressed. We then headed out.

We reached a park I had never been to before. Sensei's house is pretty far away from the school and from where I live. I wonder how early he needs to wake up to get to school. We had to go to a ice cream shop as the small quiosques were all hiding from last night's rain. I really did not want this day to end, especially knowing that Sensei had only let me spend one night at his house.