Chapter 5

Even today I couldn't stop thinking about what the magazine said. I returned the magazine to my friend and she confirmed to me that averything that magazine says is true. I was horrified. Do I really feel that way towads that idiot? What about the things it said about the kiss?

As Sensei had told me yesterday, we were being assessed today. Sensei called on each one of us individually into a small room within the music classroom and played piano while he assesses our singing.

"Mori Yui." Sensei called me.

I stood up brightly and walked into the room with Sensei.

I sang just as he had instructed me yesterday.

When I was done, Sensei said, "Nice job." he smiled at me, "You have the best grade of your class so far."

"Really?" I said in amazement. "Then... Sensei, if I pass the next assessment, will you give me anything I ask for?"

"Sure!" he said cheerfully, unaware of what I was going to ask of him. I was frightened but determined to find out if what that magazine said was true.

--

Next week, we had another assessment.

Sensei started playing a soft melody in the piano. I naturally sang along, letting my feelings flow through my voice. Sensei looked at me dumbfounded and I felt happy that I could cause Sensei to have such an expression. This is the result of all the extra music lessons I've been having with Sensei.

I stopped singing once the song was over and Sensei played softer and softer until he reached the last note.

I smiled at Sensei cheerfully, "So? How did I do?"

Sensei returned my smile, "That was amazing!"

"Really?!" I was overflowing with happiness and jumped on top of Sensei to hug him. He laughed and patted my back.

"Then..." I got back on my feet, "Sensei, you promised to give me anything."

"Sure, what is it that you want?" he looked at me curiously, not taking me seriously.

I got closer to the piano chair where he was sitting, "Then..." I blushed as I noticed Sensei's confused eyes looking fixedly at me, "Sensei... K-Kiss me." I wanted to finally know whether that magazine was telling the truth or not.

His eyes widened, "Wh-what?!" his surprised look turned into a smile, "Is this another one of your pranks?"

"No!" I suddenly felt angry at the way Sensei sees me. "Please. Kiss me, Sensei."

His surprised look returned, "Are you serious?" I nodded, looking straight into his eyes. "You know I can't do something like that."

"Please..." I felt my eyes filling with tears.

"Yui..."

"Then, just on the cheek." I insisted.

Sensei remained in confusion and then sighed. He got up from his seat and kneeled on one knee, closing the space between us. I shut my eyes tightly. My cheeks burned as Sensei's face nearly touched mine. He closed his eyes and softly placed his lips on my cheek, pecking me.

My face was burning red. Sensei still looked surprised at my request. I then existed the room, running, and Sensei called in the next person.