Chapter 6

That magazine said nothing about making my heart beat so fast that it would feel like it was trying to leap out of my chest. I felt confused and I've been skipping the extra lessons with Sensei. Also, I started being the first person to exit Bakashima's classroom and I became very quiet in his class. What is happening to me?

Every time Sensei messes up in some way, my classmates look at me right away, expecting me to make fun of him every single time, but the need to bully my teacher has left me. I thought something was terribly wrong with me and I had to fix myself.

"Oy, Yui?" I heard Sensei call me as I exited the classroom behind my classmates. I turned around as he called me over to him.

"Sorry Sensei," I bowed, "I have to go. My dad's expecting me home early today." I lied.

"Oh, Ok. I understand..." he said, looking just like a dog that had been rejected when asking to play.

I had lied to him, and for some reason it hurt more than usual. A pain that I have never felt before. What is happening to me?

"I'm home." I mumbled as I entered my house, thinking that my dad wasn't home. I took off my shoes, leaving them in the Genkan. To my surprise, not only did I see Father's giant shoes in the Genkan, but also a pair of red high heels. I stared at them for a while, who's could they be?

I looked in the dining room, then my father's bedroom but saw no one in them. I then heard muffled voices coming from the office. I walked towards the door and pressed my ear onto it, falling onto the floor and swinging the door open, not noticing that it had not been fully closed. I couldn't believe my eyes. My body trembled and I froze, not understanding what was going on. My dad and a naked stranger were lying on his office desk. They both stared at me, looking surprised.

"Get out of here!" my dad finally told me. "Haven't I told you never to come in here?!" he yelled furiously.

I unfroze and ran out, leaving the door open. I ran downstairs, stumbling on the stairs. I didn't want to be there once my dad got out of the room, I could bet he would beat me once he was done. What were they doing? The image wouldn't leave my mind. I didn't understand the meaning of it, but I knew that it was something I shouldn't have seen. I quickly put my shoes back on and exited the house once again. Once I was far enough from my home, I walked towards the park.

I sat on the swing and soon grew tired of it. I searched for people I knew but saw no one. I then saw one of the teachers I forced to quit enter the park with his children and I ran out. I didn't want to go back home for that would mean I would get a beating for sure. I decided to visit Hinata's house and rang the doorbell. A pretty woman opened the door. I have been in Hina's house several times, but I had never met her parents. I introduced myself and asked for Hina and the woman let me in, calling Hina downstairs.

She looked pleased to see me and guided me to her bedroom.

"Why did you come here?" she asked, due to my sudden visit.

"I just felt like it." I smiled, concealing the truth from her. I was curious about what I had seen and I wanted to ask her about it, but I was sure she wouldn't know as well. We played for a while and once night fell, Hinata's parents told me 'it was better for me to go home'. They offered to drive me home, but I kindly refused.

I exited the house but I still didn't want to go back home. I walked past the river, gazing at the moon and stars reflected on the water. I was scared to go back. My dad flips at every small thing, I couldn't even imagine what he would do after this. What if I didn't home at all? No... That would only make him madder.

"Yui?" I heard a familiar voice calling me. I turned and saw it was Bakashima.

"Bakashima?"

His curious look changed into a joking-mad face, "I've told you not to call me that." I laughed at his tone.