17 | 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴

Start from the beginning

-"STILL PRETTY?" Eleven asked quietly as she looked at herself in the mirror.

-"Yeah," Mike assures her. He shifts from one foot to the other, feeling slightly nervous.
He clears his throat lightly before continuing,

"Pretty, really pretty. El?"

-"Yes?" The girl answers turning towards him. She looks at him with wonder, waiting for him to speak again.

-"Um, I'm happy you're home." He stammers, looking around at anything but the girl in front of him.

-"Me too," she smiles lightly. Mike does the same, and time seemed to suddenly freeze as he slowly stared to lean in.

El wasn't really sure about what was going on, but she trusted Mike. So she stood still as the boy in front of her started to slowly close his eyes.

-"Guys!" Dustin's yells while opening the bathroom door open quickly. This catches the two off guard and Mike lets out a squeal.

"It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble." He says while panting. Mike immediately walks forward, and El follows suit. They make their way over to the couch and sit. Mike holds his radio in his hand.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin fills him in quickly.

-"Yeah,"

-"What if he found it?"

Suddenly, Lucas's voice can be heard. Only problem was, was that it was filled with static.

-"What's he saying?" Mike asks aloud, growing annoyed by the minute.

-"I don't know, he's way out of range." Dustin says with a shake of his head. El wasn't really sure about what was going on. But she could tell that Mike and Dustin were not happy, and that this was a serious situation.

-"...son of a.....!" Lucas's voice could be heard a little more clear now. Both boys perk up in excitement. Mike's hold on his radio tightens.

-"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." He speaks loudly into his device.

-"Yes, I copy!" Is the response.

-"Do you?"

-"They know about Eleven!" Lucas yells, they can hear him panting for breath.

El's eyes for up at the sound of her name. She sends Mike an alarmed look, and he does the same. Dustin starts to pace the basement floor in contemplation.

"Get out of there! They know about Eleven!
The bad men are coming! All of them! Do you hear me? The bad men are coming!"

Sinclair warms them. He pedals faster, the cold wind nipping at his cheeks.

-""Mad hen." Does that mean anything to you?" Mike turns to the curly haired boy. Dustin shakes his head vigorously.

"Like a code name or something?"

-"The bad men are coming!" Lucas's warns them once more before the connection goes down and nothing but static is heard.

-"Bad men." Bad men!" Mike repeats aloud. El's mouths opens wide and she starts to slightly hyperventilate.