Chapter 2: Young miss, you're so adorable!

Chapter 2

Ildra clutched her stomach as the urge to vomit relentlessly attacked her. She silently cursed the people in her life who had never warned her that ships could sway to the point of making the people on it dizzy!

After receiving the map, she had ditched the royal carriage, stayed in an inn, and boarded the only ship to the Devil Continent. The ticket to that ship was her map. Here she was, trying to hold back that shameful urge of vomiting.

Why did a ship have to be the only way to that place?!

Whatever she does, she will not dirty this ship! She will not throw up!

Never in her life has Ildra ever had a habit of making a mess of the rooms she stays in. Children are expected to be messy, but she is a princess. She will not dishonor her upbringing. She is a member of the royal family, and there are certain expectations of the royal family.

Unfortunately, however much Ildra tried, she could not keep it in. She committed the shameful act. Her face turned cherry red.

"Oh dear." A female crewmember quickly called reinforcements to clean up the mess.

Meanwhile, Wendy turned her face away as she tried to suppress her laughter. Her mistress is so cute. Her mistress is always so serious and expressionless all the times that Wendy even sometimes forgets that her mistress is the younger one, while she's the older one.

"Do you have anything you want to say, Wendy?" Ildra glared at her maid.

Seeing her mistress in such a weak state, Wendy suddenly turned brave. "Young miss, you're so adorable!" Wendy complimented. "Ever since you were little, you've been a very obedient and clean child. You always take care of your fancy dresses really well. You've never dropped food onto yourself. You always return everything you use back into its proper place. Young miss, it's okay to make a mistake, you're still young."

Ildra silently stared at Wendy.

Unsettled by the silence, Wendy grew flustered. Eh! She shouldn't have done that! She crossed the line! What was she thinking? She's only a maid. She doesn't have the right to advise her mistress.

Just as Wendy was about to stammer out an apology, Ildra broke out into a big smile. "You're becoming more courageous, Wendy," Ildra teased.

"W-well..." Wendy stuttered, while being astonished at the same time. This was the first time she'd seen her mistress smile ever since she left the palace.

"Don't worry, I like you like this."

"Oh, what happened here?" A handsome man with long green hair tied into a ponytail strode over to the mistress and maid pair.

Reminded of her shameful act, Ildra lowered her head. "I apologize for dirtying your ship, Captain. Travelling by sea does not seem to sit well with me. If you require payment, I can pay," Ildra offered.

"Ah, nobody blames a cute girl like yourself. Accidents like these happen all the time. If you insist on payment, I wouldn't mind spending some quality time with this beautiful miss," the captain remarked as he pointed towards Wendy whose face turned bright red.

Ildra gave the captain a reserved smile. Deep inside, she was actually relieved when the captain did not insist on payment. Although the captain seemed like a nice person, she didn't quite trust him. She didn't know what kinds of horrendous demands he would make.

The ship finally arrived at its destination in the afternoon of the next day. After the vomiting incident, the captain did not leave them alone. He used all means to make advances on Wendy. For Ildra, such a character like the captain overwhelmed her. It was the first time, she'd seen such an open person. Everyone in the palace was always reserved and spoke formally. Little by little, in that short amount of time, the captain wormed his way into her shattered heart.

"Captain, where is the best place to eat and stay for tonight? Also, what is the fastest route to Lumyrna?" she asked, while bringing out her map to confirm with the captain.

The captain grinned, "Ah, so Lumyrna is where you're going. There's no need for you to ask me these questions when you have that map." The captain gestured towards the piece of parchment. He didn't expect to be met Ildra's confused expression. "Ah, you really don't know? You don't know what you're holding in your hands?"

"This is a map of the homeplace of the devils. It is to help me to get to Lumyrna. See?" Ildra brought the map closer to the captain's eyes.

"I know! I know! That's very obvious!" he chuckled. "So, you really don't know. Have you ever tried talking to the map? Have you ever asked it anything?" the captain asked. Ildra stared at him. A talking map? What is he on about?

"Are you trying to make fun of my mistress?!" Wendy accused. "A talking map? What rubbish! My mistress may still be a child, but she is not the type to believe in this kind of stuff! I commend you for trying to entertain my mistress. However, my mistress is not a normal child. So, please give her a real answer to her questions!" Wendy commanded.

"Relax. Just try asking the map something," the captain insisted.

Wendy was fuming. Just as she was about to berate the captain again, Ildra raised her hand.

Though the pure idea of a talking map seemed like absolute nonsense, it wouldn't hurt to try.

"Go on and try. I promise you will not be disappointed," the captained offered the young Ildra a gentle smile.

"Map, where is the best place to eat and stay tonight? What is the fastest route to Lumyrna?"

To Ildra's and Wendy's surprise, the map zoomed in on the port they were currently standing in. A dashed line appeared, connecting the port to Lumyrna.

Suddenly an excited, childish voice came out of the map. "Master! Master! What kind of food do you like to eat? There's a vegetarian inn nearby that has really good reviews!"

Dear Readers,

So, our little Ildra has a weakness. She also has lots of pride with keeping areas clean.

*Sighs*

I cannot relate. My work area is always a mess. I should learn more from this kid.

Ooh. Nervous Wendy can be brave and protective. I can't wait to see what other sides of herself, Wendy is hiding! I will do my best to uncover it with my pen!

Alright, guys! Don't forget to read, vote, and comment!

Oh yeah, and for those who couldn't understand. Wendy, now, addresses the princess as young miss because nobody's supposed to know she's a princess.

Sincerely,

Ms. Author

P.S. Did anyone else think of Dora the Explorer, when a talking map was mentioned?