Adrian frowned, opening his mouth to speak. Before he could get a word out, however, a sharp pain was felt in the back of his neck. The Martin boy screamed as Peter inserted his claws before taking them out, leaving a small trail of blood to trickle down the boy's neck.

Adrian felt his body go into a spasm, coughing wildly as his body crumpled. He wailed in pain on the kitchen floor, his body getting increasingly hotter.

He screamed when his skin felt like it was being burned off, the sensation unbearable. In the moment, the Martin boy forgot this was a trick of Peter's. In that moment, he feared for his life. He was going to burn; just like the Hale's

The boy panted as lights came into his vision; those lights fading to pictures. It was something you would see in a horror movie. Every picture lasted a few seconds, but all stayed clear enough in the mind of Adrian Martin.

Make it stop. He begged, the words echoing through his mind as he watched the visions pass. Please make it stop.

When all came to an end and Adrian finally could feel the cold tiled kitchen floor beneath him; the burning sensations stopped.

Adrian saw dots cloud his vision, slowly fading away to reveal Peter standing over him with a tilted head. The werewolf watched the boy get on all fours, his chest heaving. "W-What was that? What did you just do to me?!"

"Necromancers have a death sense. If connected, you can feel one's death without actually dying. You, just connected with my family." Peter explained, the boy's pain taking no tole on him. Of course it wouldn't. Noticing his silence, Peter slyly smiled. "Maybe now you and Scott will understand."

Adrian didn't answer immediately, his throat feeling sore from his screams. The feeling of pain had fully vanished now, and his body showed no signs of damage.

"H-How?" Adrian finally escaped, his chest still going up and down in rapid breaths. "How did you do tha-" the redhead paused to look at the Alpha . . . only to find him gone.

Adrian didn't know how long he spent on the floor that night before he finally gained the courage to stand up and walk to his room. His knees felt weak and shaky, almost bringing him down a few times.

Adrian thought all night of the power Peter had over him, and the pain he had put him through. The Hale's bite connected him and the teenager somehow, and Adrian wanted it gone.

If Peter Hale can put him through that much pain, who knows what else he can do.

❚ ❚ ❚

"And I tried not to be jealous or anything because I love Allison- I really do. But-"

"Lydia!" Adrian snapped finally, his hands on his face as he lay on his bed. His sister stopped her pacing in his room, tilting her head innocently. "It's a school dance." He reminded her, feeling his head ache.

Lydia had stormed into his room the next day, ranting on about how Jackson had asked Allison to the winter formal- as friends he claimed. Allison asked Lydia if she was okay with it, to which the strawberry blonde lied and was now suffering the consequences.

"He's trying to get back at me. I know it." Lydia nodded certainly, her lips pursed as she played with her hair.

"It's probably some way to get to Scott." Adrian sighed, closing his eyes. "Besides, it's time you get over him. You shouldn't care what Jackson does."