Nine: Owen/ Jake

I yawned heavily while walking out of my final class of the day. Jake had gotten his sling off yesterday and his mood had improved immediately. He had wanted to try giving head again and I wasn't going to tell him no. He was so goddamn beautiful and I loved every moment we were together. As I walked into my room I threw my book bag onto the bed before feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket. Jake had texted Please come to my room.

Grabbing my keys, I made my way over to his room before knocking on the door. When he opened I noticed how stressed he was looking, a lot different than a few hours ago at lunch. I watched him grab my hand and pull me into the room, noticing Matt wasn't here.

"What happened?"

Instead of responding he opened his phone and went to his voicemails, where he clicked on the newest one. He was then holding the phone out so I could hear it, biting his bottom lip the entire time.

"Jake, its Brandon. I can't believe that you blackmailed Elise into not telling me you were the one who knocked her up. She told me that bullshit story of breaking the condom because you wouldn't let her tell me the truth? I never thought you'd do something like this. You're disgusting to blackmail a pregnant woman. Just admit to knocking her up, that's better than having Elise be scared. She told me everything, how that day at the park was fake. You can go to hell asshole."

My mouth hung open when the voicemail ended as Jake carefully sat down on the edge of his bed. "What the fuck? Is she that much of a fucking terrible person? God, I can't believe he actually believed all her bullshit." When he remained silent I realized he was silently crying. "Hey," I said while kneeling down in front of him. "This will be okay. We'll get through this; we'll get her to take a paternity test."

His shoulders shook as I wrapped my arms around him, his head resting onto my shoulder. "I just don't get why she's continuing to hurt me." He was then looking into my eyes as his fingers gripped my shirt. "I didn't get her pregnant Owen."

"I know that," I said while wiping the tears off his cheeks. "If you said you didn't, I believe you. We just need to get it through her thick skull that she can't keep doing shit like this. You did absolutely nothing wrong. She's the one that is making up stories about you and that needs to stop. No one makes up stories about you and gets away with it. You understand me?"

He slowly nodded before resting his head onto my shoulder again. I could feel his body basically deflating in my arms which was worrying me. He had been through a lot of shit recently, most of it my fault. And I hated that I was clumped in there with Elise because she was now the devil. And I absolutely hated someone making up stories about him, when he didn't even do anything. This entire situation was making my blood boil.

He was quiet pretty much the rest of the night, even when Quinn and Pika brought food over. After I told them what was going on they were just as upset. "How could she do something like that?" Pika angrily asked after he listened to the voicemail. "What is wrong with her?"

"I have no idea," I said while Jake stayed silent next to me. "Now I don't know what to believe about her. I don't know why she told us that story about breaking the condom, then turn around and tell Brandon something completely different! And he's an ass too if he actually believes her."

"Exactly," Quinn said while wrapping his arms around his legs. "Even though you guys haven't been friends in awhile, he should still know you. Why would you blackmail someone? You're one of the nicest and sweetest people alive. Makes me so fucking mad."

When I realized Jake hadn't touched any food, I grabbed a chicken tender and held it to his lips. "You need to eat babe," I whispered before he finally took a bite of it. "We just need to figure out a way to get them to agree to a paternity test."