Seven: Jake/ Owen

Jake

"This is it," I said while digging my keys out as we got closer to my dorm. "I just need to grab some things from my room."

"Awesome," Olivia said as we walked in and walked up the stairs. "I can't wait to get to college."

Owen simply gave her a small shove as we got to my room. Before I was able to open it the door opened, Matt jumping when he saw us. He immediately looked down at my sling as his face softened just a smidge. "What happened to you?"

"Long story," I said as Owen placed a hand onto my back.

Matt was looking between us before looking over at Olivia and doing a double take. She must've seen him watching her because her face blossomed into a smile as she held her hand out. "Hi! I'm Olivia, Owen's sister. Nice to meet you."

He stared at her hand like she was handing him a dead animal. She simply grabbed his hand anyway and shook it, an odd expression on his face. "I just need to grab some things," I said while scooting past him into the room.

While grabbing a few things out of the small dresser, I saw Olivia out of the corner of my eye looking around the room. "Hey, are you into Black Sabbath?" As I looked up I saw the only poster Matt had on his wall, a small and slightly torn poster. He simply remained silent while looking at the poster. It looked like he was thinking about something pretty hard before looking over at Olivia and shrugging.

"They're fine."

Her dark eyebrows rose and disappeared under her bangs. "Well, I think they're awesome. Paranoid is by far my favorite album of all time. Our dad really got us into music and I'm glad he did. I have a greater appreciation for music other than pop music with a catchy beat."

Matt frowned while glancing back over at the poster again. "Yeah," he said with hardly any emotion.

"You like karaoke Matt?" Olivia was suddenly asking with a smile on her pretty face. She had been so excited to come to campus and hang out with as many people as she could. "There's nothing like being in front of a group of strangers and just belting your heart out. Sober of course, I'm only seventeen."

"I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than do anything like that in front of strangers," Matt said while giving her a look.

"Okay let's go," I said while grabbing my bag and shoving Owen closer towards the door. "You'll have the room to yourself tonight."

Matt's jaw ticked before he sat down on his bed with a sigh. "Perfect."

As I walked out of the room, I realized Olivia was still lingering in the doorway. "Nice to meet you Matt." Her voice was so soft and nice before she turned around and smiled at us. I noticed Matt's fingers were digging into his knees as he stared at the ground. "Let's go party!" When she turned away, Matt's blue eyes were looking at her one final time. When he noticed me watching him he glared at me. He then got up and slammed the door in my face. Nice to be back.

**

The next couple of weeks went by slowly and weren't that exciting. Coach had freaked out when he saw my sling and the bruises on my body. Since I wasn't able to play, I had to watch my teammates from the dugout. During one particular game my phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket. As I took it out my heart sunk when Elise's name popped up, indicating a text.

Can we please talk?

I don't have anything to say to you, I quickly typed back before looking up at the game.