Three: Owen

I yawned while the end credits started to roll on the movie we were watching, well everyone except Jake. He passed out pretty quick into the movie and had been out ever since. It didn't really surprise me; he was pretty bad at staying up to watch movies or do anything past nine really. I watched Pika and Quinn start to gather their things as I whispered, "Thanks for coming guys."

"Talk to you later," Pika whispered before Quinn gave me a wave and they both left the room.

When the room was quiet I looked down to see Jake still asleep, looking pretty comfortable. Grabbing my phone I started scrolling through random apps while sitting next to him. My hand ran through my short hair, wondering if I should grow it out a little. It wasn't like I had a shaved head but it was short. I had always liked Quinn and Jake's hair, making my eyes wander down to him. When I realized he was awake I put my phone down before smiling.

"Did I fall asleep?" he whispered while rubbing his eyes.

I softly laughed while moving my body so I was lying next to him. "Like always. Pika and Quinn just left."

"Sorry," he said while yawning.

"It's fine."

Since it was late and I knew he was probably tired, I started to get up but stopped when his hand grabbed my arm. My arm felt like it was on fire before he quickly took it off. "Where are you going?"

Why was he looking at me like that? Maybe he was just tired; surely he didn't want me to stay with him. Right? I've had sleep overs with friends before but none of my friends made me feel quite this way before. I mainly wanted to go to Pat's bed because the feelings I was having were making me feel not quite like myself.

"Pat's bed."

His face fell as he said, "Oh. Yeah." Did he want me to stay?

"Is that okay?"

"Maybe you can stay here? I just, I... I like being around people."

"Jake, I had no idea you liked people," I jokingly said while inside my heart started to flutter.

His cheeks suddenly lit up in a blush which oddly made my palms sweaty. He seemed to be blushing a lot recently but maybe he always did that and I was never observant before. But if that was the case, why was I so observant about him now?

His soft laugh was filling the room as I sat down next to him. "I get it if this is weird for you. Guys don't really sleep in the same bed as friends. I'm not trying to be weirdly clingy its just," I watched him look down at his hands as a frown formed onto his face. "I've felt so incredibly sad since I found out about Elise. I can't believe I was stupid enough to put all my love into one person."

That made me extremely sad before I lifted his chin up so I could look into his eyes. My hand rested onto his shoulder and I frowned when I felt him lightly trembling. "You are not stupid for loving someone. Okay? Those two are stupid and Elise did not deserve you. I'm so sorry Jake; I wish I could take this pain away from you." As I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer I whispered, "I'm so sorry."

The fact that he thought he was stupid for loving someone was ridiculous to me. The way he used to talk about Elise and the light in his eyes had always made me jealous. I had been searching for someone who would look at me like that, but settled for sex instead. I understood that I was young but other people were able to find their person so easily. I had never felt love like that before, and I guess I was getting used to just settling. But Jake had loved someone so strongly and she betrayed him. That was another reason to not even try anymore. What was the point if someone was just going to break your heart?