"Hey Stiles!" Mr Stilinski called from downstairs, making Adrian's body freeze up. He didn't even think about his dad being home. What if he heard his confession? What would he think?

Stiles turned round in his seat. "Yo, Da- Derek." The boy sputtered, eyes widened as he caught sight of the man suddenly there. Derek glared as he held a finger to his lips, making movements for the teen to get rid of his dad. "I, um . . ."

"The door." Adrian mouthed, pointing as he sat on the bed.

The Stilinski boy raced to the door, hanging out so that his father couldn't see anything inside his room. "What did you just say?" Adrian heard Noah ask.

His son scoffed. "What? I said 'Yo, Dad.'"

Noah didn't seem to question it, carrying on. "Listen, I've got something I've got to take care of, but I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game." He nodded.

"My first game. Gosh, great. Awesome. Uh, good." Adrian smiled at the interaction between the two, glad his dad could manage the time to watch Stiles play.

Noah smiled. "I'm very happy for you. And I'm really proud of you."

"Me too, I'm happy and proud of myself." Adrian couldn't help but snort at the boy's awkwardness, making his presence known.

"Adrian?" The Sheriff questioned from outside the room, going to peek round his son to see.

Adrian bolted to the door, almost running into Stiles as he halted; his body half in and out the room. "Hey, Sheriff. Fancy seeing you here."

"Well, I live here." The older man chuckled, Adrian giving one slightly back. Noah hesitates before asking the redhead, a lack of faith in his eyes. "So, Adrian, they're going to really let him play, right?"

"Yeah, Dad. I'm first line." Stiles answered, Adrian grinning beside him as he tried to hold his laughter. "You bet."

"I'm very proud." Noah smiled widely.

"Oh, me too." He paused, seeing his father go in for a hug. "Again, I'm . . . oh." The Stilinski's hugged tightly, the son awkwardly patting his father's back. "Huggie. Huggie, huggie."

When the two pulled away, Noah smiled at the second teen present. "Good luck to you too tonight, Adrian. I've heard a lot of good things about you in lacrosse."

"Oh really?" Adrian's eyebrows raised in amusement, side eyeing Stiles, who scratched his neck awkwardly. "Well, I'm happy to hear that."

"See you there." Noah told the two boys before his footsteps sounded down the hall.

"Take it easy." Stiles spoke as Adrian gave a small wave. As soon as the man was out of sight, the two boys let out a huge sigh and rested their heads against the door.

Stiles was first to enter, Adrian coming in just in time to see Derek grab the pale boy by his collar jacket and slam him against the wall. Adrian went to intercept, but a dangerous look from Derek told him that stepping in would make the situation for Stiles much worse.

"If you both say one word . . ." The man growled, looking between the two boys.

"What, you mean, like 'hey, dad, Derek Hale's in my room. Bring your gun'?" The young boy dared to sass back, Adrian's eyebrows raising in a surprised motion. "Yeah, that's right. If I'm harbouring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules, buddy." He slapped Derek's shoulder as he released him slowly.