Lizzie sits in the front passenger seat, while Iris sits in the back. Lizzie wears a pair of high waisted shorts and a colored top, fiddling with a barre. Iris sits in the back in a bright pink denim skirt, along with a white crop top. Lizzie looks through the rear view mirror, watching the powerful witch gaze out the window. Iris's eyes move back and forth as she takes in the scenery. Lizzie watches closely, seeing a smile form on Iris's lips.

"Europe is so beautiful," Iris coos, her eyes sparkling. Caroline smiles as she drives down the street. Lizzie can't help but smile for a moment, before looking straight ahead.

Josie squeals in laughter, listening to Iris's embarrassing story. "He said that?"

The two had been video chatting on and off all summer, filling each other in on their exclusive drama. Josie and Landon have been growing closer and closer, but Josie worries Landon will break down due to Rafael, his best friend who's been a wolf for months, not coming to see them anymore. Iris explains her shrinks and witch doctors, and the ones that are actually just hippies smoking weed were probably her favorites.

"Yes! Caroline had to pull me out of there in case he was going to try to set me up with his son!" Iris squeals. "I tried to explain I don't like boys, but he just kept pushing," The two friends laugh hysterically, Josie's face on the blonds computer screen.

Josie sighs, a smile still on her face. "How's Lizzie?" She asks.

Iris hums in thought of the blond twin. "I don't know." She confesses. "I don't see her much, you know?" The girl shrugs. "She's always at her appointments, I'm always at mine." The girl leans on her hand, smiling at her friend. "But I will say, she doesn't seem to like me."

"That's because you're my best friend, so you're instantly competition." Josie teases.

"And so will Landon when we come home." The witch with bright clothes giggles. "But he better watch out, I'm number one."

Josie laughs nodding slowly. "Of course, Iris." She says. "Is my mom taking you to pride?"

Iris smiles softly. "I, uh, actually am going with someone." She says lowly. You can almost hear Josie's gasp all throughout the Salvatore School on her end.

"What!?"

"Her name is Stefanie? Her dad took her up here for a week. She's not gay, if that's what you're wondering, but she's cool." Iris shrugs, laying in her stomach on her bed.

A knock on her door causes her to look up from the screen, Caroline poking her head in. "Hey," She hums. "Me and Lizzie are back, okay? Don't let her know you're talking to Jo."

"Yes ma'am!" Says Iris, saluting the vampire. Caroline laughs, closing the door. The witch looks back at her friend. "Okay, now tell me what else has been happening in the land of Landon Kirby."

Iris + music festivals = happiness.

That's what Lizzie learns as her and her mom follow the girl. She wore a iridescent tube top and high waisted shorts, her hair shining in the sunlight. Lizzie feels overwhelmed by Iris's excitement and joy. People already eyeballing the happy blond as she rushes to a small stage.

Lizzie stands in the back of the crowd, watching Iris slowly. Iris dances with a stranger, the two jumping up and down. Lizzie could tell the boy was gay, and that he had a whole group of friends with him as they all circled around. Iris screams the lyrics to the song she knows all too well, dancing away like she's normal. Lizzie can't help but smile softly, watching the girl.

As summer comes to an end, Iris is the first to return to the school. Lizzie stayed back another week with her mom, but Iris had some last minute sessions with Bonnie.

As Dorian opens up the gates for her whilst she stands outside with her suitcase, a girl approaches them. She has long reddish brown hair, which glistens in the right light. She wears simple, darker clothing. Something Iris had never liked on herself. Iris smiles softly at the girl. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you." She apologizes softly as Dorian steps out of his car.

"Are you okay?" He asks the girl.

"Yeah, Dorian, I'm okay." She says casually.

Doris furrows his hero's. "Glad to hear it, but how did you know my name?" Iris looks back at the girl, who she presumes is a normal human.

The girl sucks in a breath, "Your parking pass." She points.

The two look towards Dorians car, seeing his pass hanging off his mirror. "Always hated that picture." He chuckles.

"What brings you out here tonight?" Iris asks, smiling wide.

The girl, who they didn't know was Hope. She sighs, "A boy." She confesses, tossing her hands to the side

"Well, we're all locked up in there. Everyone's gone for the summer."

Iris turns her head. "I'm just coming back early." She whispers, sending a wink.

"Okay. Thanks." The mystery girl nods, stepping away. "Uh, sorry to bother you." She says awkwardly, turning away.

Dorian and Iris watch closely. "That was strange." Says Dorian.

Iris shrugs, "Loves a mysterious thing." She chirps, "Goodnight, Dorian." She waves, hopping past the gates.

Dorian turns to watch Iris walk, off, sighing. "And so are you, Iris McKnight. So are you."