Chapter 4: Points To Remember... About The Bad Girl

Start from the beginning

     "Sit!" She ordered, pushing my chest making me fall onto the chair. Fiesty. I wonder hoe that would turn out in the bedroom. She fished into her bag and pulled out a first aid box. 

       "You have a first aid box in your bag?" I asked her, cocking an eyebrow. 

       "When you have three clumsy best friends, it kinda becomes a necessity. This might hurt a little, your palm is very raw." She said as she squirted some balm out of a tube. 

       "Oh bloody f*ck!" I hissed as she applied the balm as gently as possible, blowing at my hand as she did so. It reminded me of the way my aunt used to take care of me when I got hurt during a family football game. She was done done in a few minutes but it felt like a year. 

       "Give that five minutes. It'll go numb. That should last you a good two hours. Then just have a pain killer I guess." Kate said looking up at me. I don't think she realised that she was still holding my hand, not that I minded. Her eyes stared deep into mine, holding me in place. She had the most intense gaze. It kind of felt like she was searching my soul.

      "Adrian?" Kate said, breaking me out of my trance. "Yeah. Pain killers. Got it." I said just as the numbness took over. "So, your idea?" Kate asked walking back to the piano. I held my phone out. "So there's this song, Broadway. It doesn't sound like that though. The thing is, it's a finger picking. I was wondering if you could play it on the piano." I said. She held out her hand for my phone. I pressed the play button and handed it over to her. She shut her eyes, listening to the music closely. A few minutes passed in silence as we both listened to No Day but Today by Idina Menzel. After the song was done, I asked, "So can you?" She smiled and cracked her knuckles. The turning to the piano, she began to play the intro followed by the verse. "Wow! You got all that from just listening once?!" I asked wide eyed. "It's not perfect but I can do it." She said grinning at my expression. I just stood for another few seconds. "Snap out of it pretty boy!" She said getting up. "Say what, we'll practice at Ryan's place tomorrow. My place is a bit messy. I'll bring an EP ok?" She said just as the final bell of the day went off. I nodded and followed her out after she grabbed her stuff.

       We walked out together and headed towards what I think was the exit. I glanced at Kate from the corner of my eye. To say she was an enigma would be an understatement. She was different from any girl I had ever met, but more stunning than most. It was easy to get lost by her gestures and nature. "Oye! Kate!" I heard someone scream. Both of us turned back in unison. "Adam!" Kate said, grinning at the new comer. He ran up to us and handed Kate a flyer. "Halloween party tomorrow night! Come! Bring your friends!" Adam said. Kate grinned ear to ear. "We'll be there Party Prince!" she said winking. "Perfect Street Queen. We'll have a rendezvous!" He said winking before walking away.

       "Am I invited?" I asked the Street Queen, who now seemed more like and ice princess. I swear, bipolar much? "Liam would want you there." She said as we walked out of the building. Guess I'm going. Hell yeah! I thought grinning as I eyes suddenly fell on a huge crowd. Like I said before, international symbol of a fight. We rushed towards the crowd, hearing someone shouting who sounded very familiar.

       "MOVE!" Kate screamed as she puched through the crowd, effectively walking at a pace for the both of us. "YOU B*STARD! HOW DARE YOU?!" Liam screamed as he tried to throw a punch at a guy who looked twice his size. The guy just caught his hand. "KATE!" I screamed as she dashed forward and intercepted a punch by the big guy. I ran forward and grabbed Liam, pulling him back. "LET ME F*CKING GO ADRIAN! THAT BLOODY B*STARD NEEDS TO BE TAUGHT A F*CKING LESSON," Liam screamed as he struggled against me. Thank God for the gym. Just then, Ryan came up and pulled Liam down. He dragged Liam away from the big brute. I quickly looked towards the said dude, knowing that Kate was the one handling him. I rushed over to help her out, only to see the fattie on the ground, groaning. Kate smirked.