• |Chapter 29: Where the chapter closes|•

|CHAPTER 29|

*play song towards the end*

Beep, beep, beep

Machines were around me beeping, and I could here people talking all around me. It was as if I could hear but couldn't speak.

Am I dead? Or in a coma? What's going on?

"Good morning Mr. Petrov," I hear a faint voice walk up and say before hearing a tray set down.

"Good morning." The voice is recognized anywhere speaks up, but his voice was somehow broken in a way.

How long have I been out?

I hear a screech of chair come close to me, followed by footsteps who'd I'd assume was the lady leaving.

"Luna," I feel a large warm callused hand grab me, knowing at instant touch who it was. "Please, wake up. If not for me." He slowly moves his hand to touch the lower part of my belly.

"Do it for her."

My baby, she's okay!

"Please, I love you and I'm so sorry I ever got you into this, just-" his voice begins to break the more and more each word comes out.

"Just know, I'll always be here, no matter what. And, I wanted you to know I turned myself in."

"Adriano, no! What're you doing?!" I wanted to cry out but couldn't.

"They cut me a deal since I killed the most dangerous person in the cartel world, and told them everything I knew about them and every person involved in the ring. I only got 5 years probation."

Thank god... I have no idea he got out so lucky.

"Adriano?" I hear a slight knock, "Can we come in?"

"Yeah, yeah, come in," I hear him say after I feel his warm hand leave my hand.

Footsteps was all I heard along with a pause coming from everyone around me.

"Hey lune, it's Luca if you don't know," hear along with a baby fussing around.

"Why're you talking to her like she's an answering machine idiot?" I hear his Lucinda say with her thick accent little less similar him. "I'm not!" He whispers sternly, which I found quite funny to be honest.

"Anyway, turns out we're siblings, well half anyway. It's kinda crazy to think about since I though I was the only child."

That's what happened when my mother left all those years ago... and she ended up doing the same to this poor boy, my own brother.

"I'm so sorry..." I felt I was about to cry at every word I couldn't get out but wanted to.

Suddenly, the heart machine started beating faster and faster. "W-What's going on?" Luca asked

Nurses start rushing towards me and I wanted to ask myself what was going on but it was as if I was having an out of body experience.

"Her vitals are dropping too low, we need to give her on more IVs," a nurse says in a hurry.

"Wait, b-be careful of the baby," Luca says in a worried tone.

"Sweetie, your sister and her baby will be fine, things like these can happen when you've been out for too long."

Then it got me thinking... how long as it really been?

.  • . • .  • .  • .