"So?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at Ron. "Don't you see what she's insinuating? That night when the troll was let in, Snape was limping too!"

"So?"

"Remember we saw Quirrel and Snape heading elsewhere when the teachers were headed to the dungeons?" Harry reminded him.

"Before you say anything else I have something to tell you. I saw him go to the forbidden corridor. He saw me and questioned me afterwards. He said he didn't have anything to do with the troll but is this just too coincidental?" I let out a breath.

"Will someone please explain to me what's going on?!" Ron burst out.

Harry turned to him. "This all fits, mate! You recall that three headed dog? Well if Snape DID let the troll in, it would've been a perfect distraction for him to get past it and get whatever it's guarding. He's limping so I'm guessing that thing bit him!"

"Y'know, I really don't want to believe this. He's my father, I really don't think he'd do something like this. He told me he didn't let the troll in."

"Ever considered that he was lying?" Ron retorted.

"Father has never lied to me before! If he doesn't want me to know something he won't answer, but he doesn't lie!" I yelled.

"But what if he did?!"

"What if he didn't?!"

"WHAT IF HE DID?!"

"Why are you four screaming in the corridors!" Professor McGonagall barked at us.

All of us muttered a "sorry Professor" and left for the Great Hall.

~~~~

After dinner I headed for father's office. I knocked once when I reached there. "Enter."

I gently swung the door open. "Good evening, Father."

He nodded at me. "Have a seat." I sat down across from him and waited for him to speak.

"Now tell me, what were you really doing today?"

I hesitated, but I knew he was a master at legilemency and would find out either way. "I saw you and Professor Quirrell head down here."

"How much did you hear?"

"Only a little." He studied my face to see if I was telling the truth. I looked him in the eyes to prove I wasn't hiding anything. He seemed satisfied. I decided to muster up my courage and ask. "You really didn't let that troll in?"

"Potter said this, didn't he."

"No! Harry did not! And my last name is Potter too!"

He looked at me carefully. "No, I did not. As for who did, it's best if you didn't know." I nodded and stood up. "Now just hold on one second. Why did you lie earlier?"

"I-I.." I stuttered. "I'm sorry."

"Hands out." He orders. I comply, confused. He whacks me with the end of his wand. I wince. "No more following me around!" I nod. He nods too, signaling for me to leave. "Get some rest."

"Night." I mumble.

~~~~

The next morning Harry was so nervous he refused to eat and didn't say a single word. "Have some toast, mate."

"Not hungry." I started cutting some sausages for him anyways.

"Good luck today, Potter." I whirled around to see father standing there. "But then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin." He then gave me one last glance before limping away.

Ron gives me a knowing look. "Ron. I don't believe he let the troll in!" He shook his head at me.

"What more proof do you need?!"

"Stop. Stop. Let's discuss this after the game." Hermione interrupted.

After breakfast, we headed out to the stands. Soon enough, Madam Hooch introduced the two teams and blew her whistle. The Chasers charged at the quaffle. I noticed Harry keeping above them, trying to stay out of the chaos until he spotted the snitch.

I watched in amazement as they weaved in and out of the stands. Angelina passed the quaffle to Katie and they dodged the Slytherin beaters. I see Angelina aim-

"Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points to Gryffindor!" Lee Jordan shouted gleefully into the magical megaphone.

All the Gryffindors cheered loudly. The Slytherins gain control of the quaffle. They take it to the hoops and Captain Marcus Flint shoots-

Gryffindor captain Oliver Wood catches it in midair. Then he tosses it to Angelina and she scores once again. "Another ten points to Gryffindor!"

This is when Flint starts playing foul. He snatches the beaters bat and hits a bludger, knocking Wood off his broom. The Gryffindors scream at him for foul play.

I look up to the teachers' stands and notice something very strange. Father is muttering something under his breath with his eyes fixed on-Harry? I squint hard to try and read his lips. It appears to be a counter-curse I had read about once. When father isn't home, he allows me to read, but warns me not to touch the books on the Dark Arts. Of course, me being me, I thought: What he doesn't know won't hurt him.

I study him more closely but is unable to recall what exactly the counter-curse undos. Suddenly Hermione whacks me hard. I turn to look at her. "Look at Harry!"

I follow her gaze to see that Harry's broom is swerving wildly. My eyes widened as the broom flips him off, but he keeps a grip on. "It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!"

"Jinxing the broom? What so we do?" Ron whispered.

"Leave it to me!" Hermione turns and disappears.

I frantically stare at Harry as he tries to maintain a good grip on the broom. "Come on, Hermione!" Ron pleads. Suddenly, I see father leaping up and jumping around, knocking over some teachers in the process. To my amazement, Harry's broom stopped moving and he was able to clamber back on. his eyes lit up as he spotted the snitch. He and the Slytherin seeker plunged towards the ground. At the last minute, Harry skidded to a stop, hovering just a few feet above the ground. He stood up on his broom, arm outstretched for the snitch, and suddenly tumbled into a somersault. I crossed my fingers as he got up.

He gagged a few times and to everyone's amazement, spat out the snitch. I heard the whistle "Gryffindor wins!"

We all cheered and made our way over to Harry.

-------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, so it took me a while to finish this, and even longer to try and concentrate. I really miss him- all kidding aside, I swore I heard his voice today, even though the last time I saw him was Thursday. By the way, huge thanks to everyone who voted!:)

-Lily